|-/ Chapter One |-/

It was a dismal, rainy day in Columbus, Ohio.

One that Tyler actually didn't really mind having.

It hadn't rain for a while. Everything was dry.

He sat there on the edge of his bed in the room he shared with his brother, just staring through the window pane, not blinking once for a while as he sat there.

Rain was falling gently outside, creating a soothing rhythm of soft beating on the outside of Tyler's house.

His sad eyes traced the patterns that the raindrops formed outside the fiber-glass, zig-zagging this way and that; almost seeming to race each other until they could no longer be seen by the eighteen year old who sat inside.

For Tyler, these raindrops caught his curiosity in a strange way. He pondered how each drop was like a person, traveling throughout life on a window pane, sometimes splitting off from itself and going a different direction, yet meeting up with another small raindrop and getting pushed further down the glass.

He connected those ones to how some people in life break off from each other, never to be heard of or seen again, yet connecting with new people and continuing on with life in a new direction and pathway.

It was strange to him. How life worked. Why people left each other. Why we even existed.

Some days it just seemed so... Pointless.

He was pointless...

Tyler swallowed a small lump in his throat.

Then there were the others.

The teenager's eyes shifted to raindrop that was moving slowly along the side of his window. It wasn't doing much, yet seemed like it really struggled to continue on. Before he could anticipate where it would go next, the raindrop stopped. It wouldn't budge.

Sighing ever so slightly, Tyler stared at that drop, his brows furrowing together as he immediately thought of how that raindrop was like him, struggling to continue on with life but was now stuck. That's what he was, stuck. And he couldn't move.

Look at you, comparing yourself to pointless objects like rain, came a voice inside Tyler's mind.

Oh wait, you already are pointless.

You don't even know what to do with your life.

You're even more worthless than these raindrops you freak.

Tyler shut his eyes, curled his hands into fists, and bit his bottom lip so hard and so fast he tasted a tiny amount of blood on his tongue. He twitched his head, wanting to rid of the voice inside his head that had been plaguing him for who knows how long.

"Stop," Tyler breathed out with a shaky voice that was only audible to himself.

Worthless, came the voice again in a sing-song attitude, almost as if it was taunting him.

Worthless. Worthless. You are so worthless.

"Shut up!" Tyler shouted, his voice hoarse. He twitched his head to the side as he brought his hands up to his ears.

Everything was almost silent in his room except for the faint buzzing Tyler always heard in his ears when he concentrated enough on it. He opened his eyes slowly, realizing that he had fallen backwards onto the bed and was now in a curled up position on his side.

He exhaled a breath he didn't realize he had been keeping in and pushed up onto his hands slightly. Tyler cautiously looked over to the clock on the nightstand, noticing immediately how late it was.

12:49 pm

Tyler sighed. How did it get this late already?

He didn't care though. Tomorrow was Friday and it was also Tyler's last day of high school.

That meant summer.

But that also meant that Tyler wouldn't have something extra to do to keep his mind off from thinking strange things.

|-/

Hey everyone!

So this is just like, a test chapter, to see if any one of you would like me to continue this.

I plan to, but I just really need some more motivation and just sit down to really figure out the plot.

But yeah, hope you like this story!

Stay alive, my friends.

~Zoë