New friends

Jakes POV-

"Heyy Queen!" someone yelled from the bleachers as we walked up. "Who's the blue-eyed hottie?"

"Heyy baee! Guys, this is Jake. Isn't it cool that we have rhyming names? Anyways, Jake, this is Briar," Blake said pointing to the girl who called her queen. "This is Cora, and this is Micheal," She finished pointing to each of them.

"Hiii," They all said in sync.

"Hey. So what are you all up to?" I asked while sitting next to Blake.

"Just talking about our future and how Briar should be a model," Cora replied while sitting on Micheals's leg and leaning her back on his chest.

"Ooo you should Bri. Your gorgeous and people would go crazy about you," Blake added

"And what makes you think you shouldn't be a model?" She pondered.

"You know I want to be a Photographer, Cora wants to be a graphic designer, and Micheal wants to be a forensic detective. Oo, Jake what do you want to be?"

"Um...I... I haven't thought about it yet," I stammered

"Oh, that's too bad. Maybe you'll figure it out soon. Anyways. I just now realized that you're new. It's a bit odd that they let a student join at the begging of the second semester," Micheal said in a soft voice. "But I gue-"

"So Blake, how was the snow today?" Briar asked cutting off Micheal.
"That was rude," Micheal added annoyed.

"Oh bear, do you want to move over with your friends so Briar will stop picking on you?" Cora put out giving Briar a death glare.

"He's my brother. What do you expect?" Briar asked.

As Micheal and Cora walked away I sat there in confusion.

Blakes POV-

I could tell Jake was confused by the look on his face. "Oh I forgot to tell you but Micheals's parents adopted Briar when they were 7,"

"Oh. I guess that makes sense," Jake replied still sounding confused.

The bell rang and all the students got up and ran toward the double doors. I went to my locker and hung my bag and jacket on the hooks. I had a hoodie on under my jacket so that I didn't have to change into it at school, then grabbed my computer, folder, notebook, and pencil pouch. While shutting my locker, I jumped when I turned because Jake was standing right behind me.

"Don't do that!" I shouted while slapping him on the arm.

"Sorry, sorry. Do you know where room 628 is?"

"Yea that's Mrs.Everson's class which is where I'm heading. Is that your first period?"

"Mhm. Are there any of the others in there?"

"No. But it'll be fun finally having a familiar face in there. Mrs.Everson will probably let you sit in the seat next to me because she usually lets us sit wherever considering we're a pretty well-behaved class. Besides Atticus. He's the most interruptive and always tries to sit next to me."

"He has like a huge crush on her. That's why he tries to sit next to her. But don't get too jealous" Briar but in putting her head in between Jakes's and my head. "Love you, Queen. See you in the 3rd period," She grinned then winked and walked away.

"Ignore her. I mean Atticus does have a huge crush on me, but that's besides the point. Anyways, you're in my class so that means that you're pretty smart. Are you in all honors?"

"I think so," He looked at his schedule "Yep. Are you?"

"Yea. Feels good to finally have a familiar face in my classes. Oh, wait. Do you have Mr.Groves or Mr.Cheever for science? You have Mrs.Everson for math so you probably have Mr.Groves." I finished

"Your right, I have Mr.Groves,"

"Ooo so that means I'm not alone anymore. Woo Hoo!" I chirped.

"Glad to know someone is excited about seeing me," Jake added with a chuckle.

As we walked into the classroom, everyone looked and stared at us while we laughed about childhood memories. I don't know how someone like Jake would want to be friends with me when he has so many other options. I guess I can consider myself lucky.

After class started and Mrs.Everson started talking, I leaned against the back of my chair and gazed into my imagination of all types of random things.

We were halfway through class when I came back to reality and noticed that There was a Kahoot starting to go over the first semester to see what we remembered.

"Now Jake, if you need any help just ask Blake. I'm sure she'll help you just fine," Mrs.Everson said facing us.

"What about me? I can help him," Justice whined.

"You know you won't actually help him. This Kahoot won't be put into the grade book but it will show me what we have to go over again before the test next week

When she started the Kahoot, I wasn't fully aware of what was happening until Jake tapped my shoulder and asked how to get to the Kahoot login page.

"Oh, um just search Kahoot login and it should be the first link," I said then stood up and asked Mrs.Everson if I could use the restroom.

"Yeah, sure. You usually finish the Kahoot within 10 minutes so go ahead,"

I went to the bathroom and splashed water on my face to wake me up and bring me back to reality. After patting my face with a paper towel, I actually went to the bathroom then washed my hands and left to go back to class.

I sat down in my seat and finished the Kahoot getting all of the questions correct. I didn't even realize that jake had left the room until he walked in and sat back down.

"Did you already finish?"

"Yea. You?" I questioned

"Yea I finished and went to the bathroom not too long after you got back from the bathroom,"

"Once you get done you can go to the back of the room and chat or play on your computers. I'll be nice and also let you be on your phones. But don't go out of this room and brag that you got your phones or it won't happen again. Okay? Okay," Mrs. Everson said, directing it to us.

We went to the back of the room and sat on the counter by the window. Jake sat on the left side and I sat on the right.

"It's so beautiful outside but so cold," I complained.

"I know right? Like why can't it snow and be really pleasing to look at but also feel good out? It would be amazing to walk outside in the snow without having multiple layers on."

We chatted for the rest of the class and had a great time. Then the bell rang and it was time for the rest of the day.