Scar

Blake's POV-

It was finally Friday. We had only started school again Tuesday but it feels like it's been a lot longer.

"Queeeen! Where were youuu! Did you miss the bus?" Briar complainingly yelled while running down the bleachers and giving me a hug. "Can I come to yours tonight? I don't want to stay at my house with Micheal and Cora"

"Hey bae. Yes I missed the bus. Why is Cora going to be at your house anyways?" I asked while hugging her. We wrapped our arms around each other's backs and walked up the bleachers to sit by Jake.

"Our mom wants to meet her before she and Micheal get 'serious'," She said serious in a disgusted voice. "Like she's already met Cora when I've invited her over in the past. It's disgusting,"

"Are you sure you're not just jealous that you have to share Cora with Micheal and Micheal with Cora?"I finished as we sat down on the bleachers.

"Well now that I think about it, that might be a teensy bit of it. But still, it's disgusting,"

"Back to what we were talking about. My mom will most likely say yes to you staying over. Hey Jake, you should come over and hang out with us,"

"Sure. What time should I come over? Do you want me to bring any snacks?"

"Not fair! You guys get to hang out and we don't. Could you guys hold it for Saturday? Pleaseee?" Cora complained.

"The reason why we're hanging out is because you're going to be at my house with Micheal and I don't want to be near all the lovey stuff. So no, we are not waiting until Saturday," Briar answered annoyed

"We're hanging out today but all of us can hang out on Saturday. And Jake, you don't have to bring anything unless you want to,"

"Fine," Cora pouted

The bell rang and we went to our classes.

TIME SKIP

Jake's POV-

I was walking out of the school to get on the bus when Blake came running up to me.

"Jake, when are you coming over to my house? Briar is riding the bus home with us and is going to sit in the seat in front of us,"

"I can come over whenever but I have to stop at my house to drop off my bag and change,"

"Fine by me. Briar and I have to change too because we spilled milk all over us," Blake finished while looking down at her shirt.

"Okay. I'll come over right after I change,"

As we got on the bus and sat down, Briar got in and sat in front of us. It was a twenty-minute ride home so we had plenty of time to talk.
"Blakeee. How warm is your house? Like will I have to wear a hoodie? I really don't want to wear a hoodie," Briar complained as she turned around in her seat to face us.

"Yeah. My house is warm enough to wear shorts,"

"Ooo. That means I get to show off my dalmatian spots," She Smiled then turned back around while getting on her phone and all of us giggled. Since she was the only one in the seat, she sat with her back against the window and her legs stretched against the rest of the seat.

Time passed quickly and it was already time for us to get off the bus. We said our goodbyes until I came over.

After I changed, I headed over. When I knocked on the door, a woman that looked like she was in her mid to late-30s, answered the door.

"Hey, stranger I don't know. Blake, who's at the door?" She questioningly shouted.

"Mom, that's Jake, the new neighbor, and my new friend," Blake answered as she walked into the living room.

"Oo. A new friend. And you guys have rhyming names. I like that. Well welcome in," She said with a warm, comforting voice.

"Hey. Where's Briar?" I asked while walking through the door

"She's in the bathroom changing. We put on a movie and popped some popcorn before getting changed. Anyways, want a house tour?"

"Sure. That would be helpful,"

"Well this is obviously the living room. My mom and I usually hangout here and watch tv. We also eat here since it's only the two of us."

Only the two of us? I thought.

She continued. "And the table is where I do my homework. I also fall asleep in the chair sometimes," Briar walked in.

"I like your dalmatian spots," I commented

"Thank you," She said with a goofy smile.

"Briar, I'm going to go take a shower and change so can you finish with the house tour?"

"Sure,"

"Thank you," Then she walked off, I'm assuming to the bathroom.

"Okay, so this is the hallway, obviously. There are some pictures of their past pets. There's also some of Blake's mom, dad, sister, and her, before..." She trailed off leaving me confused. "Nevermind. And this picture of Vixie, their guinea pig that passed last year, is actually covering some wax that spilled because orange wax on their white walls did not look good. This is the bathroom," She said pointing to the door with the sound of a shower running. "That's mom's room. We sometimes go in there, mom, Blake, and me, and hang out. Blake's mom is more like a sister than a mom. That's the guest room. That's the kitchen. Blake's mom makes amazing tuna salad there. Then there's Blake's room. She has her own bathroom but doesn't like using it. And you can't forget about the back door that has a doggie door. There's a fence around the yard," As she said that, two Bernese mountain puppies with purple and yellow collars, walked in through the doggie door.

"Aww," I beamed and bent down to pet the puppies along with Briar.

"Hi Marigold and Lavender," Briar cooed. "That's all the rooms except for the basement and pool room. But they're through the other hallway. Also, there's an attic with a bunch of random stuff. We sometimes go up there to play hide and seek. There are a lot of good hiding places but I'm not going to tell you where they are because then they'll be ruined. I'm going to stop talking now because if I don't then I never will,"

"Okay," I laughed. We got up from the tiled floor and headed to Blake's room

About ten minutes later, Blake came into the room. She was wearing black shorts and a white crop top. On her upper arm, I noticed a fairly big scar.

"What happened to your arm?"

"Car crash," Blake mumbled while sitting in on a beanbag

"Sorry for bringing it up,"

"It isn't like it was your fault." She finished in a sad tone. A tear then started rolling down her pink cheek.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry," I said worryingly while getting off the bed to hug her.

The rest of the night we watched movies together and talked about school. Before long, it was already 9:30 and time for me to go home.

I was almost out of the bedroom door when Blake ran up to me.

"Thank you for saying sorry. When I was seven, my dad was driving me and my sister to the park and a car slammed into us. I was the only one that made it," She started silently crying again.

"Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me,"

"I also have a scar on my stomach," she said while dragging her finger across it. Then I left.