Confessions

TIME SKIP - END OF FIRST WEEK OF FRESHMAN YEAR

Jakes POV-

"Ivy, can I talk to you about something?" I asked, peeking through the doorway of my sisters room.

"Sure. What's up Hermanito?

"I can see you remember your Spanish. You know Blake, right?" I asked while laying on her bed next to her.

"The neighbor girl that you see almost every night?"

"Yeah. "

"What about her?"

"I...I think I'm in love with her."

"Ooo. My Hermanito has a crush," She teased

"Shut up, ass face."

"Well. What does it feel like when your around her?"

"Every time I think about her, which is all of the time, it makes me really happy. When mom and dad fight, all I have to do is put my headphones in and think about her. Then everything feels perfect. I always want to be around her. That's why I'm over there all of the time. When she texts or calls, my heart starts beating really fast and I become happier than ever. Atticus flirts with her all the time, and I know she hates him, but it still makes me scared that she will choose him someday." I sat up.

"Oh Hermanito," she said hugging me. "I think you should ask her out. I'm sure she'll say yes."

"But what if she says no? What if we move again?"

"If she says no then she'll be a fool. And if we move again, we can figure something out."

"I'm glad that we're this close,"

"Me too"

Blake's POV-

"So how's your crush going?" Mom and Briar asked in sync while walking through my bedroom door.

"I'm going to cry. I think he knows."

"Why do you say that?" Mom asked

"Because he's been acting really weird lately. Like I did something wrong."

"Maybe you should fess up then," Briar suggested

"No!" I barked back. "If I fess up, I could ruin our friendship and I at least want to continue being his friend."

"The only way to deal with a crush is to fess up or to bury it and risk saying something that could ruin the friendship even more," Mom continued. "I was the one that asked your dad out and that little decision gave me two beautiful daughters and a beautiful life,"

"I don't think that example is going to help mom,"

"You get what she's trying to say Blake. It's now or never. And from what I've seen and heard, I think he likes you too."

"Really? How do you know" I asked not sure if she was telling the truth.

"He is over here every night practically and from what I've seen, you can tell that he's in love with you."

"Love?"

"Yes stupid," Briar said and flicked me on the head

"You can see it in his blue eyes you always talk about when he leaves. You can tell by the way he looks at you and smiles. He is sea deep in love with you but to scared to do anything so he just sits in his misery of not telling you."

"I think you should walk over to his house and tell him that you love him," Briar added

"You know that his parents fight and never allow people over. Especially if it's the opposite gender. The only reason why he can come over here is because his parents think I'm a boy. I don't want to get him in trouble by coming over there,"

"Fine. When he comes over tonight you have to tell him," Briar said annoyed

"Fine. But you have to be in moms room incase he says no and I need comfort. You too mom."

"Fine by us," They said in sync again.

TIME SKIP

Jakes POV-

I was walking over to Blakes house determined to confess. I walked in saying hi to Blakes mom, Briar, Marigold, and Lavender, confused why Briar wasn't with Blake, then went to her room. When I walked in, she was hugging her pillow. She saw me, threw her pillow beside her, and ran up to me giving me a hug. This gave a lot more confidence to confess and I couldn't hold back anymore.

"I think I'm in love with you," I blurted, hoping it was the right thing to do.

"I think I'm in love with you too," she replied, jumping up, wrapping her legs around my waist with me holding her up and burying her face in my neck. "Does this mean we're dating?"

"I would like that," I answered, filled with unimaginable happiness.

"Then can I do this?" She asked while lifting her head.

"Do what?" I smiled

"This," Then she put her hands on my cheeks and kissed me. I kissed her back then carried her to the bed and sat down. We continued to kiss but without tongue. She pulled away and pushed me gently onto the bed. We then turned on the TV and cuddled, kissing every so often. Without realizing it, we both ended up falling asleep against each other.

SHORT TIME SKIP

When I woke up, I checked the time.

"Shit!" I yelled and hurriedly got up accidentally waking up Blake.

"Where are you going?" She asked still half asleep.

"I have to get back to my house! It's already 7:23 and my dad checks our rooms every morning at 7:30 to make sure we didn't sneak out,"

"But it's a Saturday," she complained. "Can you at least come back over later?"

"I promise I'll come back over later,"

Blakes POV-

Jake kissed me on my forehead and ran out.

About an hour later, I came out of my room to eat breakfast. Mom was already making pancakes, eggs and sausage since neither of us like bacon.

"Morning sleepyhead. I told you he was in love with you." Mom teased.

"Where's Briar?" I asked since I didn't see her

"She left last night when she walked in your room and found you two sleeping. Now tell me everything that happened,"

After telling mom everything, which wasn't much, I filled up Marigolds and Lavenders food and water bowls.

"He's supposed to be coming over later," I told her

"Good. We can eat breakfast together," as she said that my phone dinged with a message from Jake saying he was on his way over.