7. CFVY or Coffee?

"Another date?" Oscar suggested. "I'm not good with punctuality."

"Oscar, please. It's now or never. You've put this off sixteen times!" Ruby protested. She anxiously messed with her mother's icicle pendant. Oscar blinked a few times.

"Why do you wear that dumb thing all the time?" He asked.

"It was my mom's!" She protested.

"Your mom's. I presume your mother was close with the Schnees?"

"Well, umm..." 

Oscar sighed. He'd thought it over, long and hard. He wasn't going to play this insulting game anymore. "I'll be honest. I wasn't with you for the right reasons," he said. "But I have a pretty keen eye; even I've noticed it has the Schnee crest engraved in it."

Ruby looked down in shock to see he was right. "Oh." She looked even closer to see a faded heart written in it. She could've sworn it had Weiss's name in it. She sighed. "Well then at least accompany me to the team CFVY concert tonight."

"Sure. Maybe then I'm free. Coffee after?"

"Not a chance, playboy. I'm not an idiot. But who knows, maybe-" Ruby blinked for a second, her vision wavering.

"Scratch that. Coffee sounds great!"

Oscar blinked. "But I thought you said-"

"What? That we could do both? Yup! Sure did!" Ruby said excitedly. It didn't take a genius (which Oscar was) to know something was wrong with the Faunus. And he was going to get to the bottom of it.

Ruby P.O.V

Ruby paced back and forth. Something felt wrong. Very, very wrong. As if her will had been forcefully altered. She shook her head. This was all super confusing. She lashed her tail and brushed her hair out of her face. Time to get ready for the team CFVY concert. Turns out, they liked the song she'd written for homework and were doing a full English dub as the finale. She really wanted to see that.

She walked out. Her sister Yang was sitting on her motor cycle. "Goin to the CFVY concert with Oscar?" Yang's accent made it sound like she was saying 'Oscar' without the 'r'. It was quite off putting.

Ruby nodded her yes, and off they went.