001. Statesman HQ

001. Statesman HQ

2013

"So far, the candidates have been," Champ paused, "how do I put this nicely, immensely disappointing."

"Agent Vodka, you better have someone good waiting behind those doors." Champ pointedly looked at Agent Vodka, who had a confident smile on his face as Champ gestured for him to take the floor.

"When I went to London last year, I met a fabulous young woman, who I believed to have the qualities of a Statesman agent," Agent Vodka kicked off his little speech, pulling up a picture on one of the screens, of a young woman with dark brown hair.

"Ever since we met, I've been remotely training her, and I've gotta give it to her, she's a quick learner," Agent Vodka explained as the screen flickered over to statistics showing things like the young woman's stamina, power and other skills.

"Alright, seems promising, bring her in," Champ ordered, waving his hand over to the grand wooden doors.

Agent Vodka sent a quick nod his way, taking big strides over to the doors, and opening them, coming face to face with his candidate, who was the seated next to the candidates of other agents. He could see that she was nervous, she was softly tapping her foot against the wooden floor, and playing with a necklace around her neck.

"Come on, they're waiting," Agent Vodka sent a reassuring smile to her, which she returned, her nerves subsiding a little. As she stood up, she let out a deep breath and straightened out her suit jacket. Agent Vodka had already strolled back into the room, so she quickly followed, closing the door behind her.

"So, Juniper Hesketh, is that right?" Champ asked, looking up at the candidate.

"Yes, sir," Juniper confirmed with a small nod of her head.

"How old are you, Hesketh?" Champ rubbed his chin, his eyebrows scrunching together as if he was thinking.

"29, sir," the woman answered.

"Might be a good thing to have a young person on the team for once," Champ snickered as he glanced around the table, locking eyes with his agents, who were all over 35.

"Well, Hesketh, we've seen your stats," the Head of Statesman said as he leaned back in his chair a little, "and they look promising. There's not much more I can say right now, but anyone have any questions for her?"

"You got any fighting experience? At all?" A man near Champ asked, sounding unimpressed as he eyed her up and down. Juniper glanced over at him, their eyes locking, and immediately she knew who he was. Agent Vodka had told her a bit about each member, not too much though, considering that could be used against them, but enough for Juniper to know that he must be Agent Whiskey.

He was by far the most intriguing out of all of them, a great agent, but also known to be a massive flirt. Agent Vodka let her know that she should try to avoid him, however, now that he had asked a question directly at her, that was going to be difficult. Something that was going to make it even more difficult, was the fact that he was already starting to get on Juniper's nerves.

"Yes, actually," Juniper answered, taking a step towards the screen that still presented her profile on it, "if you would've read this here, you would've known." With a sickly-sweet smile, she pointed at the text that proved that she had been practising martial arts since she was young.