002. Mallorca

002. Mallorca

2013

"Exactly!" Agent Ginger exclaimed. "He's been acting like that to me too!"

"There's something wrong with that man, I'm telling you," Agent Gin said, crossing her arms in front of her chest. Behind them, the door to the infirmary opened.

"Agent Gin?" Champ peeked in. "I'd like a word."

"Oooh, someone's in trouble," Ginger grinned, resulting in Juniper whacking her shoulder.

"I'll be right back," she told Ginger before stepping out of the infirmary and following Champ to the meeting room.

"Take a seat," Champ said, gesturing over to a chair next to him. Anxiously, Juniper took a seat, toying with her necklace.

"Nothing bad, kid, don't be nervous," the old man chuckled as he saw her anxiously fiddling with the chain on her neck. Juniper visibly relaxed after he'd said that, sinking into the comfortable chairs a bit.

"Thank God," Agent Gin smiled, "then what is it?"

"I know you've only been here for a couple of days, so we're going to speed up your training a little," Champ explained, his hands placed firmly on the table in front of him. Juniper frowned a bit, still unsure where this was going.

"We've received news of an organisation that operates from Mallorca, and has been abducting civilians," Champ told the young woman as he pulled up some information on one of the screens.

"We don't know their motive, in fact, we know near nothing about them," the Head of Statesman grumbled, "just that they're abducting innocent citizens, and that they only reappear months later in a body bag."

"And I suppose you want me to figure out why?" Agent Gin glanced over to the limited information displayed on the screens. The only things that Statesman had on this 'organisation' was their location, and a few, however major, crimes connected to them.

"Smart one, you are." Champ grinned at her. "I want you to go undercover, and figure out what they're doing, because it seems to me like we've just scratched the surface of a worldwide organisation."

"You want me to go alone? I don't even have any experience in the field and-"

"I'm assigning you a partner, don't worry," Champ cut Juniper off, preventing her from spiralling.

"If I may ask, who?" Juniper bit her lip, hoping that it wasn't Agent Whiskey that she'd be assigned to.

"I don't know yet, but I wanted to inform you of the mission as soon as possible, so you could prepare. Now, get back to training. You'll leave on Saturday," Champ informed her, standing up and pouring himself a glass of Statesman whiskey.

"Yes, sir," Juniper answered, walking out the door and back to the infirmary. Even though she should be training, she wanted to drop by Agent Ginger for a second, to let her know that she wasn't in trouble like she'd suggested.