004. Mallorca

004. Mallorca

2013

"So, Cassie, you must be a very lucky woman." The two had found their way over to an empty table near the back of the room, putting their drinks down on the table and taking a seat.

"What do you mean?" Juniper furrowed her brows.

"Being married to such a hunk, of course!" Valeria leaned over the table, propping her elbows up on it.

"Yes, I'm very lucky indeed," she responded, chuckling a little in the hopes of making it more believable. "But so are you! You have a wonderful husband."

"Si, el es maravilloso [he's wonderful], but he's a big flirt." The woman switched between the two languages effortlessly, as if she'd been doing it all her life.

"Enough about my husband," Valeria said, picking up her glass and taking a sip. "Tell me about you, amiga."

"There's not much to tell," Juniper replied.

"Tonterías [nonsense], there has to be something you like to do."

"I mostly keep myself busy by running the business, meetings, paperwork, you know the drill."

The two women conversed a little more, keeping the information as basic as possible, not giving away too much, but at the same time giving away enough to not get questioned the same thing again. After their drinks had been emptied, they agreed to get a new one, and maybe join their husbands.

"So, how is he? Señor Miller?" Valeria questioned the woman next to her shortly after ordering their drinks of choice.

"I feel so clueless every time you ask me something," Juniper laughed, grasping her freshly poured gin and tonic with both hands.

"I should've been clearer," Valeria joined, laughing along with her.

"How is he in bed?" she asked without shame.

Juniper chocked on a sip of her drink, coughing and turning red at the question. Valeria put a hand on her shoulder, taking the drink from Juniper's grasp with her other hand to put it safely on the bar.

"Lo siento [sorry], I forgot how prudish you Americans are."

"No, no, it's fine, I just-" Juniper cleared her throat, "I didn't expect it."

"So?" Valeria smiled cheekily, sitting back down on one of the bar stools.

"Well, he's definitely-"

"Hola señoritas, I hope we aren't interrupting an important conversation," Alejandro strolled over to Valeria, joined by Whiskey.

"No, of course not!" Juniper replied almost immediately, and secretly, she was glad the two came to rescue her from the slightly awkward conversation. Whiskey walked over to her, stopping right behind her. Juniper could feel his front pressed against her back, his hand slithering to rest on her hip possessively.