~Chapter Six: Liars in My Home~

(Chapter named after a NF lyric. Lyric from the song: Let Me Go)

Bakugo's POV

I heard my name called and instantly made my way back to the castle. I will admit, I was not expecting the face I'd see when I returned, but a wave of emotions took over the moment I did.

"What is it—" I paused, being met with a dirty, bruised, and bloody Y/n. My heart stopped in that moment. I felt sick to my stomach at the sight. I wanted to kill. To comfort. To just scream my emotions away. All at once. I wish I could have, but I knew Y/n came first before anything else.

"H-hey... Blasty..." Her voice was strained as she managed to croak out my nickname. I felt the need to break right then and there, but of course, I wasn't about to crumble before all the vampires that had grown to know me as tough and aggressive rather than weak and submissive. Like that damn Deku...

"Y/n... God, what the hell happened to you... Who the f*ck did this to you?!" I grabbed her shoulders, holding her up.

"L-League... It hurts... so much..." My feelings were strengthened by the pain in her voice.

"SOMEONE GET THE MEDIC NOW!!" I shouted with more fury in my tone than I'd wanted, but it was exactly what I needed to get those statues moving.

"I'm sorry.... I'm sorry.... I-I should've s-stayed... back..."

"No, Y/n, don't you ever apologize to me about something like this again, this wasn't you..." I tried assuring her, but she seemed to be in shock. My vision blurred as I stared into her seemingly emotionless gaze. What could have possibly hurt her so bad she stopped trying...? At least she tried enough to escape... I had to assure myself before I could do anything else.

".... I'm... sorry...." She rasped before passing out. My heart rate finally picked up as I held her close and tight. It seemed like forever before the medic finally arrived and took her from me yet again.

..........

After a night of pure panic, Y/n was eventually brought to our shared room with bandages and exhaustion written all over her face. I instantly grabbed her and held her close to me in our bed. She didn't protest, I don't blame her, but I couldn't help my seemingly endless praise and comfort I gave her as I entangled my fingers in her h/c hair and took in her scent like I would die without it.

"You had me so worried, N/n... I thought I'd lost you..." I whispered, trying to mask my pain from the previous nights.

"I was worried, too... that our kids would never see the light of day... that you would be lost without us... that you would change in ways I was terrified of even imagining..." I tried breathing through my nose, burying my face in her hair and scent.

"Thank All Might you're okay... You were so strong... you made it back... you're safe.." I muttered all sorts of praise, trying to distract myself from the sight of how she looked when she came home. It hurt worse than a stake and I would do anything and everything to never have to see that again. Damn League... they'll pay for this... I silently swore.

"I'm sorry I worried you..." I heard her mumble, making me hold her tighter.

"Don't be sorry... what's important is you're back in my arms.." I assured her.

"C-can we.. eat..?" I froze. She probably hadn't eaten in days now. She was used to it when I found her before the Fall of Endeavor, but I'd been spoiling her ever since, I was surprised she'd made it without hunting for herself again.

"Of course..." I muttered before getting out of bed and picking her up bridal-style as I always did. She cuddled into me, making my heart beat faster. I felt myself grow warmer at the same time. Been together this long, yet you still make me feel this way... I thought in slight annoyance, but I loved the way she made my heart panic. I walked into the dining room and gently set Y/n down in her usual seat beside mine, but instead of my throne, I sat beside her, holding her hand as the chefs brought out katsudon and meat. I barely touched my food as Y/n stared at hers. It was like she was confused at what was in front of her. I knew it had been a while since she last ate, but I didn't think it'd be so bad she didn't know what to eat anymore or maybe how to eat?

"What... I eat this?" She questioned, making me panic a little.

"Y-yeah, you always do. Is something wrong?" I asked, grabbing her hand again.

"Oh. N-no, sorry. I was.. out of it." She explained. I narrowed my eyes a bit, but let it go. Who knows what she could have gone through in only a few days... It took a moment before she started feasting on her meat. When I find out what they did to her, they're going to hell.

Once we had finished our food, I asked her if she wanted to do something with me. Anything, just to feel normal. I wanted to walk with her to the cliff. Howl with her like we used to, but she seemed so distant. So... traumatized. Even when she was getting over her little chase when I first found her, she always fought against me. Always showed so much emotion. She still does when I screw up and I can't get enough, but now she isn't really denying anything. She's barely speaking to me. The one question that lingered in my mind for the rest of the night was one I didn't think I wanted to really know in the end. After all she had been through... what could they have possibly done to make her act so dead...? So empty...

Day One - Learning