TWO | The Snake Den

At eight o'clock sharp, Jennie arrives to the club. Lisa had told her to come at eight and told Jennie that she'll get her own dressing room to get ready.

That's way more than Jennie had been expecting.

She's used to sharing a large dressing room with fifteen other women and men, and yet here she is now, being lead down a long red hallway illuminated by red neon lights and through a large black door.

When the guard opens the door for her, Jennie gasps.

The dressing room is just like the entirety of the club 一 red. And massive.

Jennie cannot believe that 一 even if for one night only 一 this is her dressing room.

She's got a massive vanity with make-up and perfume bottles already there. A large mirror with lightbulbs built into the sides and above the mirror 一 resembling her previous club 一 sits above the vanity table.

There is a glass coffee table with two large, plush leather sofas. There's a full-length mirror and a seperate dressing area with heavy curtains shielding the place from view.

A rack full of clothes and shoes is next to the dressing area. A TV hangs on one of the walls, right above an electrical fireplace.

There is a glass fridge that's stocked full of energy drinks and things like fruits and yoghurt's.

"You can choose whichever outfit you'd like to wear tonight, ma'am. Boss' orders." The guard is surprisingly respectful. Jennie nods her head, almost close to being emotional at the kindness displayed to her by the Snake Charmer.

"Thank you." She mumbles, and the guard leaves.

When the door shuts behind her, Jennie steps further into the room. She had brought her own outfit tonight, but it seems like it won't be necessary. She places her duffel bag on one of the sofas, and sits down. She needs to sit for a bit, take a deep breath.

She can't believe she's here. Doesn't understand how she even fits here. Does she?

Her eyes then land on the large bouquet of blood red roses in the very middle of the coffee table. For a second she thinks it's just for decoration, but then her eyes land on the little white card attached to the bouquet.

She reaches over with slightly trembling fingers. When she opens the card, she cannot 一 physically cannot 一 stop herself from blushing a deep scarlet. Or smiling.

[

Good luck tonight, lovely.

Impress me.

LM

]

Jennie, strangely, feels the desperate urge to truly impress the Snake Charmer. Not because she wants the job (even though she really 一 really wants it).

No.

Because, she genuinely wants to see something like fascination in the gorgeous woman's eyes, painted across her features.

She 一 for the first time in her dancing career 一 wants to impress someone other than herself or her mother.

Wants to be worthy of the title.