Chapter 2

Neve Amélie Galemore

"Finally! Gosh, I'm tired." Sam said while stretching her body. I wiped the last table, making sure it was completely clean. Right after I finished cleaning, the door opened and the cold wind instantly entered the room, making me shiver. Alcander stood at the door, his hands in his pockets.

"Hi, babe." Sam said while walking towards him, his arms opening for her. I immediately looked away when I saw her standing on her tiptoes, no doubt kissing her boyfriend. I tuned out their conversation giving them some privacy and went inside the changing room to clean myself and get my things.

Freeing my hair from the ponytail, I pulled out my phone and shoulder bag. I rolled my eyes but smiled at the same time when I saw the two of them cuddling and whispering to each other. I don't know much about Alcander but I can tell that he's a good guy and he certainly loves Sam. He would go to the cafe every after shift just to pick her up.

"Hey, would you like something to drink?" I asked Alcander, his eyes snapping to mine. I involuntarily shivered when I looked into his eyes. Electrifying blue. His eyes always look... cold. It's like I'm being assessed by them like he's looking for something.

Alcander isn't the most talkative person out there. He always has that cold demeanor, so we only talk when it's necessary or just to be polite. But one thing I've noticed is that he has a soft spot for Sam and for her only. Every time he looks at her, his eyes would always soften. And that sight always warms my heart.

"No, it's okay. Thank you for the offer." His arms snaked around Sam's waist and pulled her closer. I furrowed my eyes when they just looked into each other's eyes, silently communicating. A thing I don't understand. Maybe because they're together for how many years that they can communicate like that? I honestly don't know.

"Oh yes! Neve, do you want us to drop you off?" She turned to me, her eyes wide in anticipation. It would be rude to turn down the offer but at the same time, I don't want to be a third-wheel and besides, I still have to go to the city. It's been so long since my last visit there. Even though I love the forest, taking a stroll in the city still makes me happy sometimes.

"I still have to go to the city so no but thank you." I smiled at them and gathered my things.

"I'll go first, please make sure to close the door." Sam frowned but didn't say anything and just hugged me. I gave a small nod to Alcander who was still standing there, his face void of any emotions. I walked out of the cafe, instantly shivering when I opened the door, the cold crisp air greeting me.

I hugged myself tightly, letting out a loud sigh. I wish it gets sunny again, I'm so tired of this cold weather. My shoulder slumped and I scrunched my nose. I was about to continue walking when I saw the black car still parked in the same spot. I suddenly felt some chills run down my spine but what's weird is that there was an unknown urge inside of me.

I don't know what the urge is all about but there's this pull in the pit of my stomach. I didn't notice that I'd been standing and just staring at the car for minutes already. I snapped out of my thoughts and shook my head. These thoughts make me anxious, and I have to stop them before they get out of control.

Not sparing a second glance at the car, I started walking towards the station. The city isn't that far from here, like fifteen minutes away by car but if I walk, it will probably take more than thirty minutes and I'm not feeling well today so I'll just take a taxi. This town is by far the most amazing place I've been.

It's almost as if it's divided into nature and the city, probably because they want to preserve the forests. But it's not even divided by extreme measures, some parts of the city are surrounded by forests and this is why it's not that hard for me to get necessities from the city. This town is really full of mysteries.