Chapter Two

Picture of Matthew Colton on your right (Jeez, Peter Pan has grown up) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

© 2013 by RachelJessie

All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission  from RachelJessie.

"One minute to midnight, when he came into this world, one minute after when he left, to become only a shadow of what might have been." I heard a low voice sing that, as something cold was placed on my forehead. I groggily opened my eyes to see Matthew leaning over me, smiling. 

"Finally, you're awake! I was just getting so worried about you." He helped me sit up, and I looked around. I was in my own apartment? 

"H-How did you get in here?" I asked, and he handed me a cup of water and two advil's. 

"You passed out, so I drove you to your house and took your keys from your pocket. Thankfully, someone was coming in so I didn't have to unlock the front door, but I saw which room you were in. Then I just did trial and error until I opened your door. You've been sleeping for around eleven hours, it's half past eleven." I popped the red pills and gulped down the water.

"Thanks." He nodded. I could smell eggs coming from the kitchen, and my mouth watered. Normally the only thing that came from that kitchen was smoke. 

"Yeah, I made breakfast for you. You like eggs and toast, right?" He left the room and came back with a heaping plate. Gratefully, I took it. 

"So what happened last night with you? You were fine, and then suddenly you screamed and passed out. It was acutally pretty scary, and you were mumbling in your sleep. Here, I wrote it down on my phone after I parked."  He handed me his phone.

11:59, Joanna, tick, jump duck, over, run

"What does this mean?" I wondered out loud. Matthew shrugged his shoulders, and took the  phone back. 

"Do you know anyone named Joanna, like a family friend or something?" I shook my head, the name wasn't familiar at all. Matthew's phone rang and he picked it up, walking to the kitchen. His voice was hushed, and I quietly crept up against the wall.

 "Yeah, I got her, she's here. I'll be over tonight, I don't know if it will happen! Martin, I'll tell you when it happens." I ran back to the couch, and picked up a piece of toast. Matthew walked in, running a hand through his hair. 

"What was that? Is everything all right?" I mumbled through the toast I had hastily shoved into my mouth. 

"Yeah, everything's fine Jill. Are you sure you don't know a Joanna, because you repeated her name several times. Maybe you saw my death." I shook my head.

"I can sense death, and it was no where near you in the car. I don't know what the hell it was, but thank god almost everyone was alright." He patted my shoulder, and smiled at me. 

"It's nothing short of a miracle, that's for sure. You should get a Nobel peace prize or something, for saving those people, especially that kid. I mean, we all would have died if you hadn't seen it coming. Thank god for your gift right?" There had been a question on my mind for a while now. 

"Matthew, how come when I saw you outside of the building, you looked perfectly fine? You didn't even look that shook up." He paused for a moment, looking surprised at my question. 

"I was right by the door, and I was one of the first people out. I actually didn't know what was going on, but surely you don't think that I was a part of the attack do you?" He looked hurt, and I felt guilty.