Chapter Six

© 2013 by RachelJessie

All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission  from RachelJessie. 

Picture of Martin Richards to your right>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"All right, I'll call you Jared. So Jared, I'm not signing this. Look at paragraph three, sentence four." He put on a pair of reading glasses from his pocket, and walked over. 

"At any point, the signatory may be apprehended and brought in for more approval on the secrecy of the subject matter. What's wrong with that Jillian?" I rolled my eyes. 

"I don't want any more contact with BrickStone, or the FBI at all. Take it out, and we have a deal." He rolled his eyes and grabbed the pen from my hands. As our fingers touched, the image of a dead body saturated my vision.  This only meant one thing. 

"Jared? You said your name was Gregory Martin, you changed it to Jared right?" I had to be cautious here. He handed me the pen and I quickly signed.

"Yeah, my name used to be Jared Coyle, but I changed it for personal reasons." My eyes widened as I took a step back. I had seen that blond hair before, I knew those eyes. 

"You killed Alexa Houston! I know you did, because I did her case!"  I shouted, then covered my mouth with my hand. Jared tensed, then leaned on the table. 

"If I murdered this Alexa, then why am I not behind bars Jil?" He sneered at me. I definitely recognized him now. The face, the name, Alexa's last words were 'see you in hell Jared', I remembered. 

"Because you were caught. You were behind bars, I saw you." My voice faltered. I thought back to that day, I remembered the police catching Jared Coyle, I visited him in prison once. 

"Looks can be deceiving sweetheart. I didn't kill anyone." I saw a smirk playing at his lips. 

"I think she loved you." Jared tensed again, and turned away from me. 

"I mean, right before Alexa died, her eyes were full of pain and heartbreak, she just looked dead. When her eyes saw you there was a split second of happiness. I think Alexa loved you Jared, and you killed her." Jared spun around quickly and grabbed my throat, lifting me up in the air. 

"Don't ever talk about Alexa again, got it!" He dropped me and I gasped for air. 

"She's gone, gone gone gone! I'll see that Paul drives you home safely. Get out of my sight." I ran for the door, still gasping for air. Paul was was waiting outside the door. 

"Hey, you alright?" I shook my head, and leaned on him. He slowly helped me walk, and I was looking down. Suddenly, the grey floor was replaced by grass as we went outside. 

"Jill, I'm sorry. Whatever Gregory said to you back there, I'm sorry. He just gets a little..mad sometimes, and he has so much stress from the company. I mean, he hasn't dated anyone since he became the head of BrickStone two years ago." He helped me into a green truck, and then ran around the side.

"Don't look out the window Jill, so I don't have to blindfold you." I nodded and kept my head down. Paul was kinder than most people I had met in the past five days. He was a bit older than me, with black hair he slicked down, and quick brown eyes.  He threw my phone into my lap. 

"This Maria person called about twenty times, and you have a bunch of messages from a Matthew Colton. We didn't read through them though, Martin wouldn't let us." I opened one of the messages and frowned.