⚡️ Epilogue ⚡️

– POST-WAR –

It was hard for Vega to come back from the Battle of Hogwarts, and she was sure that if she didn't have her loved ones around, she might not have been able to recover. There was so much going on with her body and in her mind that she did not know what to do or where to start. The loss of both Dora and Ted had been a very big blow to Vega and Andromeda.

Due to the malnutrition that Vega had undergone during her time out in the wild, and the sudden difference she faced from the lack of an Obscurus in her body, Vega was told that she needed to be hospitalised but she insisted on being at home rather than St. Mungo's.

There were a lot of Potions that were needed to be drunk, and there was a lot of Healing to be done for her injuries but Vega felt like she needed to be there for Andromeda.

When Vega saw Teddy for the first time, it was hard to not cry as she took him from her aunt. He was almost a month now and he was a big baby. Vega slowly took him into her arms, trying to smile at him as he reached to grab at her hair, his turquoise blue hair shifting.

It took her a moment, but it seemed worth it when Vega turned her hair to the same shade of turquoise as Teddy's and he broke into laughter, hurrying to match her.

"You're Teddy, aren't you?" Vega asked him, not even expecting him to understand. "You'll know about that, soon. I'm your Aunt Vega... I'm sorry we didn't meet sooner,"

The more Vega spent time around Teddy, the more she wondered about him and how Dora would've introduced him – would she have mentioned how Teddy had the same nose as Remus or the same shape of eyes as Dora? Or that he had lips like Vega and Andromeda? It made Vega feel lost and confused at times, but she just wanted to be there for Teddy.

Fred was the greatest help that Vega could've asked for – he helped her at every corner. Whether it was with cleaning up, helping around with Teddy or even arranging for Dora and Remus's funerals. It was too hard for Vega or Andromeda to think about it, the thought of Dora leaving forever, so it was a welcome that Fred took upon himself to do the work.

And the night following the funeral was the hardest on Vega.

"I'm staying the night again," Fred told Vega quietly as they sat in her bedroom, with the male helping – convincing – her to eat her dinner. "I told your Aunt, too,"

"You can stay here any time," Vega mumbled, swallowing the spoonful that Fred had waved around in front of her. "Aunt Dromeda doesn't mind you at all,"

"Let's get healthy quickly," Fred said, smiling gently at her. "I promised I'd make you some dinner but it has all been oatmeal..." He looked down at the empty bowl in his hand. "... but the Healers say that you need simple meals with nutrients that cover hours..."

"It's alright," Vega replied. "I'm better just with you around," She glanced past him and at the clock, noticing that it was around eight. "It's time for Teddy's dinner, too..."

"I'll get it, you should rest," Fred assured her.

While Fred left the bedroom to go and fetch the milk from the kitchen, Vega stood up to get Teddy from his crib, which was currently set in the corner of her bedroom. She and Andromeda were thinking of making Dora's room into his bedroom but they had chosen to wait until the funeral was performed. And besides, he needed to be watched for now.

Teddy was being entertained by Vega's puffskeins – Venus, Dorado, Virgo, Leo and Janus – who were in his eyeshot from his crib. He held his arms out to Vega and allowed her to pick him up, and she took him to her bed, being careful of Pluto the Crup on the rug.