Playing with fire

Fire circled Cassie as she panted softly, her hair pulled into a high ponytail, her face was flushed from the heat of the flames caging her in as she tried to find a way to get out. It had been about a week since she and Todoroki had started their internship together and they had been training relentlessly with the number two hero.

Cassie took deep breaths regaining her senses that had been temporally muddled. She had to think rationally about this if she wanted to escape unscathed. The whole point of this training was to build an immunity to flames.

Cassie bit her lip concentrating on the ground at her feet, small green roots sprouting from the ground, growing bigger and more sturdy the pinkette poured more energy into the plant, letting her power flow through her body and into the roots through a newly forged connection.

With a subtle push of her palms her plant shot forward shooting through the fire at breakneck speed as Cassie quickly severed the connection between herself and the roots. She was trying to prevent her skin from burning but she was still mastering the technique. Her arms began to sting a little but that was it. She had successfully not burned herself, much.

Cassie gently stepped forward lifting her body onto the giant root, vaulting herself over it and away from the fire. Once her feet hit the other side of the ground the roots began to shrink away returning to its natural form.

Almost as soon as she stepped out Todoroki was by her side gently icing her arms that were now suffering from minor burns, not as bad as when she had first tried this exercise but it still hurt quite a bit. Her reaction time was still too slow for the pinkette's own liking and to the very evident displeasure of her new mentor who scowled at the poor girl.

" You're lucky my son love's you Fox, because if he did not you would have never stepped foot inside my agency." The man grumbled as he passed by the two students. Todoroki shot his father with an icy glare a scowl painting his features.

Cassie fought the urge to shrink away instead keeping up the facade of defiance as she raised her hand to flip off Endeavor who seemed startled if only for a split second. " Oh yeah? Well your lucky the public can't see you acting like a shit father because if they did your career would be over bitch.''

Todoroki's eyes widened as he glanced down at his very tired and very angry girlfriend and quickly decided that although watching her insult his dad was amusing, things were getting out of hand rather quickly.

" We should go prepare for patrol now." the duel haired boy chided helping the pinkette to her feet, quickly leading her away from Endeavor who glared at the two student's retreating forms.

Endeavor sighed slumping down at his desk. He was trying to be a better father he really was so he should be more accepting of who his son chose to be around. If he were being honest he didn't really mind Cassie and her attitude.

Yes she was easily set off and quick to make a comeback but that only seemed to be when she felt she was being shamed unfairly. At the very least she had a backbone and knew how to stand up for herself.

She wasn't weak either, her quirk had a lot of potential and with the proper training the girl could most definitely climb the ranks and become a truly exceptional hero. He would have to keep pushing her to do better even if it made him look like a bad person in the girl's eyes.

He was her mentor after all and it was his job to shape her into someone ready to become a pro hero. Hopefully despite his less than conventional methods his training would prove effective and he would still be invited to his son's wedding.