Chapter 12

You wake up and look around. You didn't remember going home yesterday. You looked down and realized you were sleeping on Childes chest.

He was still asleep. His messy ginger hair and his freckles looked good in the sunlight.

"Sunlight..? What time is it" you thought to yourself. You started to get out of bed and quickly realize it's difficult to walk.

Memories from before were invading your mind. You felt silly.

You manage to make your way to the clock and to your surprise it's only 19:34 which means you were asleep for 2 hours.

You still felt a little tired but you really didn't wanna miss the festival. So you get dressed in a new outfit and make yourself food while your in the kitchen.

After a few minutes Childe comes to the kitchen still rubbing his eyes.

"Good morning Mr. Small dick" you greet him with a warm smile.

He rolled his eyes and sat down on the couch.

"Sooo.. what's the plan?" He asks you while you eat your homemade food. You tell him you don't really have a plan and that you just wanna go explore.

To your surprise he says he's too busy with work and doesn't wanna join you.

You're offended. Very offended.

But you don't care because you don't rely on this ginger. So you get ready and head out.

The streets were full of light and the laughter of children was heard from every corner. You realize that you don't really have anyone to hang out  at the moment so you go meet up with your best buddy.

You decided to climb a random roof in hopes to find your friend. Only to later realize there would've been way better ways. But what's done is done. "Psst Xiao..you up here?"

You walk around the roof looking around the city. The lights were amazing you kept quietly walking around the roof before eventually deciding to sit down. The cold breeze was just what you needed. All that's left is a hot best friend to hang out with you.

Suddenly there's a voice behind you.

"Hehe Xiao I can hear youu~"

But when you look behind you there's nothing there. "Huh.. Xiao?"

You get up and start looking around. The weird feeling from before is back. The feeling of someone watching you. You felt uneasy.. a little too uneasy.

"Uhm.. Xiao.. this isn't funny. You can come out now hehe.."

At this point you're begging for him to come out and scare you. But nothing. Not a single sign of someones presence was there. At least not a visible one.

You shake it off thinking it's just a weird feeling. You sit back down and watch the people walking around, having fun. When suddenly..

"AHHHH!!!"

You felt someone touch your shoulder and when you look around you saw Childe.

"Hehe.. geez calm down!"

You were terrified. When did he get here? How did he find you?

"How long have you been standing here?"

You ask him hoping that he says something like "oh I've been here since forever" so you wouldn't have time worry about the weird feeling.

"Eh me?. I just got here"

Great. You think to yourself avoiding eye contact at all cost. Questions were bugging you and every little thing that has happened came to mind. Every single one of them.

"Soo why are you on the roof all by yourself?"

He's words brought you back ro reality. That's right, you're on the roof alone, looking all sad when actually you just wanted to find your friend.

"Me? I'm just chilling."

He raised an eyebrow. "Chilling..? On  a roof? Alone? During a festival?"

His questions started to annoy you so you flipped him off "in a friendly way". He laughed and you kept your normal "plz get away from me weirdo" expression.

"Why are you here? What happened to work?"

You ask him. He seemed flustered but told you that work ended quickly.

Liar.

You guys ended up chatting for hours about random stuff and conspiracy theories and how the world is a simulation and we're all being played right now. And how this might not even my thoughts and it's just someone else writing my destiny for me. That someone has rhe power to do anything to my destiny.

Safe to say your theories got a little out of hand but it was fine because you guys laughed it off and made new theories even crazier than before.

The night was ending and people were closing up their shops. The noise got quiet and the lights were small. In the end you found yourself trapped in Childes arms chatting about random stuff watching the stars and just enjoying each ithers company.

"I really love spending time with you."

"Me too.."