𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒

It was about mid afternoon when a loud yawn escaped the only person in the big house mouth. Chan arose from his bed as he rubbed the sleep out his eyes. 'Why's the house so quiet?' He asked himself as he scoot out of bed and stumbled into his bathroom, his legs not functioning properly as he just woke up from probably one of his bestest sleeps ever since he decided it was a good idea to move in with his hyungs.

He may be only twenty but that didn't stop the others from smothering him like he was two years old, especially if you go by the name Yoon Jeonghan. After he was done with his morning (afternoon really) routine, he made his way down the stairs calling out to his older friends.

"Hello? Is anyone home?" He searched around with confusion as he didn't see anyone nor heard anything. Not even the smell of Mingyu's delicious lunch could be smelled as he wandered around the mansion. He then entered the living room only to see a singular piece of paper nicely placed on the coffee table. Chan took it up and read the slightly sloppy handwriting.

Went out for a bit, be back soon~
- Seungcheol hyung

Chan smirked as soon as he finished reading the note. "The whole house? To myself? This is my moment!" Chan exclaimed as he suddenly ran upstairs and back into his room. Moments later, 'Rock With You' by Michael Jackson was playing as Chan moonwalk from behind a wall in just his underwear, white socks, and a fancy black hat.

"I wanna rock with you
All night~
Dance you into day
Sunlight~
I wanna rock with you
All night~
We're gonna rock the night away
Rock, right"

Chan sung as he danced around the living room, standing on all types of furniture as he did so. "Jeonghan hyung would kill me if he knew about this." Chan said to himself, suddenly feeling sad at that comment as the idea of being alone in a huge house finally settled in, not even Michael Jackson could make him feel better at this very moment.

Despite him basically being an adult and having adult money, he was still a child at heart lost in this big world with only the help of his friends to guide him. But at the moment, what friends are currently here to guide him?

So with a pout, he headed back upstairs and put on some clothes before spreading across his bed with a sighed. He laid there for a good fifteen minutes before he felt his stomach rumble. "Shit...I don't know how to cook." Chan cursed as he sat up and looked around. "I guess it's time to adventure outside these walls." He stated as he pushed himself off the bed and down to the first floor of the mansion.

He first checked his bank account to see if he didn't spend all his money on a very healthy amount of Michael Jackson merchandise the week before.

Once he confirmed that he has enough money to buy more than just a chocolate bar, he grabbed his keys off the key hanger and headed out to his very fancy blue car because he knows how to drive people! (Say thank you to Mingyu for that.) and headed off to his favorite place in the world, Mansae Cafe.

Upon arrival, there was a high-pitched scream mostly broke a few glass cups and poor Chan getting tackle into a bear hug that can most likely kill him. "Omg! You're finally back from the hole you crawled into!" The girl squealed as she bounced still holding Chan in her arms tightly. "Hey! Respect your elders Jisu." Chan playfully said patting the girl's head who gave him a tsk as she let go of him.

"One, you're literally only one year older than me. And two, I told you to call me Lia! I like it better than Jisu." Lia said starting her statement off with sass but then turned into a whining tone with a pout. "Yes yes, I know this. I've known you since high school no need to remind me." Chan playfully mocked with a smile.

It's true, him and Lia have been friends since high school. How they met was kinda weird, but nevertheless stood by each other. Of course they went to different colleges as Lia decided to study overseas, but reunited when Chan first visited this cafe as Lia was a worker here.

Their friendship was more of a sibling kind of relationship, Lia being the very well protected younger sister whilst Chan being the overprotective older brother.

This was only established upon them because of one time in Junior year of high school, Chan caught a group of girls dumping trash over Lia's head as she was crouched down on the floor of the school's hallway.

Now back then (and still) Chan was a respectfully young man, for the most part. He learned to never hit a girl but, surely you couldn't stop all the witty comments he had to say that day from coming out.

And from that day on, girls in their grade knew better than to mess with Choi Jisu or else you want your hopes and wishes to be crushed by Lee Chan.

"Are you here to just stare at a wall or do you want something?" Lia sassed with her hands on her hips, looking at Chan with a look a mother would give her children. Chan playfully rolled his eyes with a tsk before ordering some pancakes, a cinnamon roll, and a tall glass of apple juice because you can never go wrong with a simple meal like that.

"So what brings you here besides food." Lia asked as she slides into the opposite booth of Chan's table. "Couldn't just say hi to my favorite person in the world?" Chan said with an innocent smile plastered on his face.

"Cut the bullshit Lee. We both know damn well MJ is your favorite person in the world even though you'll never meet him." Lia inquired with a eye roll which made Chan's hand fly dramatically to his chest with a fake hurt expression.

"Way to crush my hopes and wishes Choi Jisu." Chan faked sadness in his voice, holding back a playful smile. "Just like you did all those years ago." Lia reminded not even going to comment on how the older said her real name. "Junior Chan was a savage for real. But nah, I came here because one, my housemates suddenly disappeared.

Two, I'm hungry as fuck. And three, I can't fucking cook to save a goddamn life." Chan answered, a crack forming in his heart at the mention of his hyungs leaving him behind like an unwanted child.

"Awe the poor baby got left behind. No worries! Fairy Lia will make you feel all better with her magical food that taste just as delicious as it looks!" Lia exclaimed as she grabbed Chan's plate of food and a straw, waving the straw above the food as she pretended to case a spell on the food.

Chan wholeheartedly laughed at the younger girl's antics, silently healing his wounded heart just a bit.

𐬺𐬺𐬺𐬺𐬺𐬺𐬺𐬺𐬺𐬺𐬺𐬺𐬺𐬺𐬺𐬺𐬺

Wow, a whole chapter dedicated to Chan's lonely life.... Jk Chan's not lonely, he's just hurt because the others left him behind. But believe in me, the hobi water, Jisoo's Christ, and the spirit of Irene that Channie is perfectly fine and happy. He has MJ, Lia, and someone very special (currently not mentioned yet) with him.

Furthermore (since I just basically foreshadowed): who do you think is this very special person that will have Chan wishing he met them sooner?

Please leave your thoughts, I love interacting with you guys.

So with that being said...

I hope you enjoy this chapter

I hope you are doing well, eating correctly, and drinking water and staying healthy.

Anyways, vote, comment, and follow if you want to. Good morning, night, or afternoon. Love you <3