4.5

KNJ

Smoking hot. That was how he looked. Fuming, angry, but smoking hot. 

I leaned back into my very comfortable, very expensive chair and looked at the man standing right in front of me, looking him up and down, taking him in. His pretty face was distorted to a grimace. All the while, he tried to rip pieces out of the air, forcing them into his lungs. He looked tattered, exhausted, and so, so livid. 

His face was red, his body was shaking, and his casual attire was crumpled and disheveled. He was a mess. And yet he looked so good in this state.

Avoiding his eyes, I focused on bringing my fingertips together and leaning forward, supported by my desk.  I could almost still feel the vibrations of the violently slammed door Jin used to make quite an entrance. 

"Kim - Kim Namjoon!" he heaved between deep breaths, crumpled together, his hand resting on the wall while still trying to catch his breath.

I did not say anything, did not react to his words, wanting to wait for how this would play out. Wanting him to collect himself first and hear what he had to say before I launched a counterattack.

Straitening up, seemingly all better now, he tried to sort out his clothes and moved a few steps towards me. 

"Kim Namjoon," he stated again. This time although not laced with burning hot anger, but with a cold fury that sent shivers down my spine. I gulped but otherwise did not react.

Should I say something stupid? Like: Thank you, but I know my name already? Trying to figure out how a comment like this would influence the direction of the conversation, I was startled when his hands slammed on the desk.

Automatically fixing my gaze on the crooked fingers that laid flatly on the mahogany surface right in front of me, I did not see the next move coming.

A yank pulled me forward, making me lose my position and the feeling of having everything under control and the upper hand in this strategic game.

He had seized my tie and yanked me forward, struggling, my gaze lifted automatically, and I had no chance to avoid his eyes now. 

While being forced to stare into his brown, sparkling - uhm boring eyes, the air around me shifted. Suddenly, it felt like Seokjin had the upper hand and always had. All of a sudden, I felt like I was facing someone entirely else, and our surroundings got charged by some weird electricity. Maybe the shift of power did that to your environment? The shock of having someone close to you that pulled the power too violently towards him? The change of the usual balance between us?

Still unable to fully comprehend the situation, his hand still tightly wrapped around my tie, and captivated by his eyes, he had the opportunity to tug me closer once again.

His voice grew even quieter. Colder. More intimidating. It sent sparks of excitement all throughout my body. I did not know he would be such a worthy opponent.

This was exciting!

"Do not - Do not ever do that again!" he whispered, fixating me with his gaze, mere inches away from me. If I leaned forward just a bit, if he tugged me just a little bit closer, we could have kissed. 

We could have... No!

My hands grew clammy. My body was hot and cold. The static air around us made me queasy. I wanted to put some distance between us, escape this weird feeling that overcame me. He was so messy. Everything was chaos, wherever he went, whatever he did. Why, just why did I find that so attractive right now? Just like a siren call, it tried to seduce me to join this mess.