5.

KSJ

I did not recognize the places I'd passed. I did not recognize anyone. My gaze was shifted forward, and onward I marched.

Exhaustion was sitting deep in my bones, every step felt like it took an eternity and crossed worlds.

Empty. That was what I was feeling - utterly empty. No rage was left, no emotion could be felt. I was a blank paper. A simple being and my only thought was, how I would survive the way home and fall into my bed. Hopefully not forgetting to set my alarm. I could not be late to work tomorrow.

My headache had faded into the distance. It was still there, still vigorously torturing my brain, but my body now ran in low-power mode, so much so, that the background information of the pain was blissfully ignored.

That worked for me.

I entered the now empty office. It was a mess. Everyone seemed to have left in a hurry. Desperate to rest their eyes, desperate to get some well-deserved sleep.

This brought me back to the infuriating Kim fucking Namjoon. How dared he?! Why would he ever think that this was ok?!

It was pretty clear that he did not like me. It has been like that since our college days. He almost immediately started a feud, after I accidentally embarrassed him as he was touring the campsite. Back then I was their tour guide.

That was ok. Back then, I tried to redeem myself, but I got no chance. I thought that he would forget it over time, that we would grow distant, everyone heading in another direction, but destiny was cruel, and she loved her games.

So, I ended up starting in the same company as my underclassman, who graduated a year early and with honors.

It pretty quickly became well known that we could not stand each other, and the fact that everyone made fun of the warring "Kims" did not make it better.

The people in the company thought it hilarious to mix up the documents by 'accident' because we share a last name. They thought it funny when we had to hunt each other down to exchange these documents, never running short of insulting and driving each other up the wall. At some point, an illegal betting business was going on,  who would win the upper hand at each dreaded meeting.

I never realized it before, but hating someone – having a nemesis – was so damn exhausting. It was so tiring. It just consumed so much energy.

And, of course, instead of letting it run out, letting it fade away, destiny had to reshuffle her cards and put us both up to compete for a big promotion.

Picking up my bag, I watched the fading sunlight filter through the office, illuminating a bit of my chair.

I really, really did not want to go through the hassle of public transport to get home. There were so many people. So many impressions and pictures and things, It was so very draining and quite overwhelming.

Right now, my chair looked like the most comfortable thing in this entire world. Maybe I just add another day sleeping (or more like spending the night) in this building.

Although a change of clothes and a shower would be pretty nice, the disgusted look on Namjoon's face told me that I must have been quite a dirty sight.

But public transport...

And a taxi was too expensive.

While thinking, my eyes shut down, and I almost fell asleep on the spot. My fingertips were tingling now.

With a sigh, I let my bag glide down my shoulder and sat on my swivel chair. This would not be very comfortable. But hey! I would just take a short nap until I had restored enough energy to actually tackle public transport.