Chapter 1: tragedy.

King Herron was a kind king and beloved by all and was reigning king of Amalasia.

Many nobles wanted to send their daughters off to marry him but only one woman held his heart.

Her name was princess Sophia her father was king Farris of the kingdom Orion

Herron and Sophia's fathers where friends that's how Herron and Sophia met as they grew closer they fell in love.

Herron was calm and collected and glowed like the moon.

Sophia on the other hand was wild and was bright like the sun Herron used to call her his fire poppy.

though she didn't resemble the fire colored flower it was her personality of why he gave her this nick name.

she was always bright her personality was like a never ending blaze.

and when she was angry she was like a wild fire that could not be tamed not even the greatest knights could calm her down.

The only thing that could calm her down was Herron.

as they fell deeper in love they got married and lived happily together then as sorrow sweeper the town when Herron's mother passed and his father off to war.

Herron was appointed as king of Amalasia as his father would retire once he returned from war.

Herron and Sophia was there for each other through hardships and sorrows

Then a couple of years later Sophia became pregnant with Herron's only child his daughter Ophelia.

But on the night off the party announcing Sophia's pregnancy disaster struck.

They where attacked by a foe they know almost nothing about they where called project black owls.

Project black owls prided themselves on experimenting on people with elemental abilities and traits such as seeing glimpses of the future seeing elemental spirits and other much more powerful abilities.

But the kingdoms never had enough evidence to prove their crimes against people with elemental abilities.

Until this faithful night.

Queen Sophia went to her kingdom to get gifts that her mother and grandfather had gifted unborn princess Ophelia on her way back her carriage was attacked.

Sophia rode on a horse to escape the black owls but alas she couldn't escape their clutches.

King Herron searched day and night for her with confidence that she was alive once someone of the royal family bonds in marriage or bonds blood of being connected to the one who birthed you what it means to be bonded together is that your mind and body almost becomes one people bonded together can feel when the other has died if feels like a cord in you was struck Herron had hope for he had yet to feel the cord in him strike.

one night as Herron drifted off to sleep in exhaustion of staying awake with barely any rest and scouring every forest and village leaving no stone unturned in his kingdom for nearly 6 years he felt the strike.

Herron snapped awake as he grabbed his chest no* he whispered as his voice broke.

No!! Cried out Herron in agony.

Herron's nephew Theo ran into his room with an alarmed look on his face and his sword drawn lookin for where the danger was.

Then he looked at his uncle who was on the brink of tears.

Uncle? Said Theo worried.

Theo! Said his uncle desperate I I felt a
Struck but that can be anything right? he said as he breathed heavily she can't be gone she can't be said Herron as he gripped his chest and tears began to stream down his face.

Theo dropped his sword and climbed into his uncles bed and held him tightly as Herron began to wail uncontrollably.

And it's said to this day if you get closer to the castle at night you can still hear his pained cries at night.

Said one of the kids near the castle.

How is that possible that was over twelve years ago said another kid why would he still be crying my papa said if I cry more than 5 minutes no super said the boy.

Cause he really loved her said the kid and he also lost his daughter too remember? He lost his family if I lost my family I'd be crying for that long to said the kid.

Well that's because you're a girl said the boy only girls cry like that he said as he scowled.

No because I have a heart said the little girl and since you said only girls cry like that are you calling the king a girl? Said the little girl.

n'No said the kid.

No? But only girls cry for that long right? Said the girl as her lips curled into a smirk.

w'Well that's different said the boy.

It's not different he's grieving he can grieve for how long he wants to it doesn't make him a  girl plus boys are more emotional than girls they just don't like showing it said the little girl.

One of the kids rolled their eyes to children what happened next she said curiously.

It's said that after prince Theo held his uncle as he wailed in agony they had to call the Dr because the king started having a panic attack and since then every night as the king laid in bed he felt the struck every time he closed his eyes.

and started having a panic attack every night and he needs medicine for it and it's said he calls a wizard to do magic on him so he can sleep without feeling the strike.

But aren't you supposed to only feel the strike once? Said  the girl.

yes you only feel the strike once said the little girl but it's said that he loved her so much he felt it every night.

until one night he felt it so much it actually caused him pain.

and as began to realize what it was he started panicking even more to the point no medicine or normal magic could stop it apparently it was the worst one he had and they had to put him in a magic coma before he had a heart attack.

and ever since then he didn't feel  again it's said that it all went away that night but I think he still has nightmare who wouldn't be haunted by that? Said the little girl.

and you know how I said he was really kind and loved by all? Said the little girl .

uh huh  nodded the girl older than her.

well it was said after he lost his wife he shut down his kingdom entirely and he never seen the public again for party's he only went out in public when he had.

to but people said he looked tired and the spark in his eyes where gone that it looked like he was in a constant daze and he became really cold said the little girl.

wow said the girl older than the little girl where did you hear that? The guard outside said the little girl he always likes to gossip near my door.

by the way Amelia? Said the girl older than her yeah? Replied Amelia do think we'll ever get out of here? Said the girl i don't know Ophelia said Amelia we've been in this lab for awhile.