{1} || Old friends.New beginnings||

Prologue (I think).

Ah yes! The flower garden. What better place can you find to admire nature, lose yourself from reality, or, if you're lucky enough, listen to beautiful stories followed by the sweet sound of a guitar. Whoever you ask will answer you with the same words: "It's a great place". And they're not wrong! It's a very beautiful place.(why did I write it like that it sounds so stupid)

But what heart would take the step of creating such a place, or even take care of it? Probably the heart of the boy you would always find there when visiting the garden. Probably Herb's heart.

The day is 6 of May(not the day I'm writing this btw). Herb was watering his plants. Usually there would be other cookies talking with him..but today he was all by himself. He didn't mind that..in his head he wasn't alone.. but something felt weird... even if his friends weren't there. There would be SOMEONE else here by now.. and he knew he wasn't the only one awake since they could hear other cookies's voices outside of the garden. Was he going insane?

"Herb!!"

Oh..maybe not.

H: "Oh! Hello Gingerbrave! Is everything alright?"
G: "Yeah! I was just showing the new cookie around!"

Oh a new cookie! That explains why no one was here. Since the kingdom wasn't that big..Whenever there was someone new in the kingdom everyone would want  to see them.

H: "Well that's great!" 
Herb looked away from Gingerbrave for a moment to see the new cookie. And then their smile faded when they saw who it was..
He couldn't recognize them..but they felt familiar...

S: "Hello? Herb, was it??
H: "Oh..um.. yeah!! And you are??"
S: "Uh.. I'm Sparkling!"
H: "Oh.."

....

G: "Uhh...You two know each other??"
H+S: "Huh?! Oh! Uh-"
H: "Yeah.. But it- It wasn't- "
S: " it's nothing... really..."
G: "Okay? Well..Sparkling.. we need to go.."
S: "Oh! Y-Yeah!Right behind you!"

After those words he looked back at Herb, to say goodbye, then proceeded to leave..

And with that.. Herb was alone again.. no one but him and his plants.. This was his life. Endless hours in a garden. This was his reality. But he didn't mind. In fact he was happy.. i think? He says he is happy. But is he really??

After a while of looking in the air, he finally went back to watering his plants. Tho he couldn't stop thinking about something.. or someone. Sparkling(gay). Gosh.. of all cookies that could have come to the kingdom.. HE DID?! Why? Why him?
"Why?" This question was floating all over Herb's head. Just when he thought he could get over him. He just shows up! Why?

"Umm..Herb? Are you done watering the same plant? It's been 4 minutes since I came here and you haven't moved??"

H: "EH?! Oh.. Hi Chers.. sorry I'm.. I'm a bit lost in thought.. yk.." (Btw!! "Chers" is Cherry Blossom!)
C: "Oh! It's ok Herb. Say.. Have you heard about the new cookie?"

Oh great.. just more mentions of Sparkling..

H: "Yeah.. they were here some minutes ago."
C: "Well that's nice.. Oh! Btw!! Mind if you give me some flowers?? I'm going to have a picnic soon.. OHH! Maybe you should stop by!"
H: "oh.. I'll try and keep that in mind.. Oh! And for the flowers..I think I have some wildflowers and daisies growing around here.. just give me a minute to get them!"

After those words Herb went to find the flowers..it took him a bit of a while.. but he found them. Chers stayed with him for a couple of minutes before leaving. And then, he was alone.. for the 3rd time..

(Time-skip to the afternoon cause idk what else to add)

I think it's around 7 to 8 pm.. Some cookies are getting ready to open or close their shops, other cookies are just walking in the kingdom. And the young ones are getting forced to get ready for sleep.

Herb was still in the garden, as always. You could argue that he didn't left. But he did.. he went to the picnic Cherry blossom told him about.. that's something.

On the other side of the garden, just outside of the little doorway fence(idk how to explain it),there was Sparkling(oh him again😒/j) trying to work the courage to take to him(real). Huh.. strange.. They usually don't have any problem when talking to others. It literally part of their job!

But ig that's probably not the case.

"Hey.. Herb.." He said after a few minutes, in a quiet tone so they wouldn't scare him.

H: "Hm? Oh! Hey Sparkling! Is everything alright?"
S: "Oh Yeah! I just.. wanted to talk."

...

S: "Look,Herb..I just wanted to say sorry for..yk.. the stuff that had happened-"
H: "You mean when you just left without even telling me about it??" (Ohhh Spark boy u are in some trouble /j)
S: ".....yes..... And yeah.. I'm very, very sorry...I wish I could make it up to you...even though it's been years and-"
But before Sparkling could finish what he was saying, Herb hugged him?
H: "I don't know if.. or when I'll forgive you.. but I would like for us to start brand new.. would that be ok??
S: "Yes.. yes it will.."

A/N: AMD FINALLY DONE!!! IBHFE HVBRHNEDUN! Sorry if it's cringy T^T