Chapter 2

Cookie: Hey readers, welcome to my short story. Sorry that its so fast paced. When I wrote it centuries ago I meant it to be a quick short read of Mika and Adrian's relationship. >.< Thanks!

Ps: If youre coming back to read this you'l notice that I changed the title >.<

VOTE! COMMENT! La de dah!

-------------------

"I-I'll go do your homework now," I squeaked, dodging pass him. I didn't even bother to look if he followed me. I grabbed my backpack, took out his work, and sat in the front room where I knew he wanted me.

Look, I know you're probably thinking, "what the heck? Why are you so afraid of one guy?"

Yeah, except Adrian wasn't your ordinary guy. He was a devious little devil. No matter how hard I tried to reveal how evil he really was, I'm the one who ends up looking bad. I swear he had counter attackes made for my plans before I make them. He was that good.

Don't worry, I haven't given up yet. Sooner or later, Adrian was going to slip and make a mistake. When he does, I'll be there to crush him and pick up the pieces.

Mwahahahahahahaha!

"What are you smirking about?" Adrian sat on the couch across from me.

I tried not to meet his eyes. "Nothing, nothing."

"Where were you going?"

I shifted uneasily on my seat. I didn't like it when he looked at me. It was so damn unnerving. "Nowhere."

"Mika."

"I was just going to go with some friends, that's all."

"Hmm," he took the magazine from the table that keeping us apart. Like he had no care in the world, he opened it and began to read.

I glared at him under my lashes.

Look at him, looking all smug. If I knew I could get away with it, I would have smashed the lamp that was next to me on his head. But of course I didn't. He would have been on me like white on rice. I had to settle for my imagination and boy did I imagine myself slapping that pretty face of his.

My gaze landed on his half exposed chest. He was wearing a shirt but why did he have to leave it half unbottoned? For a guy, he sure did have a nice creamy complextion. Of course that only made my grudge bigger.

My eyes traveled to his face.

He was good-looking, in a pretty boy way. His lashes were long and his hair was dark as night. He had a pleasant bone structure, one that you'd only find in exotic models. Yeah, he looked like a model. If he wasn't such an evil guy I would probably like him...

Whoa, I shook my head. Where the heck were my thoughts going? Adrian was bad news plus, he was my step-brother. I shouldn't even be thinking about him in that way. Yet, I couldn't help studying him some more. With his face relaxed like that, he looked...well...nice.

The phone rang and I jumped. Without a word I stood and answered the phone in the kitchen. It was my friend, Rick.

"Hey, why aren't you here?"

I peaked in the living room. Adrian was still calmly reading. "I can't come."

"What? What do you mean you can't come?"

"I just can't okay?"

"Mika, we've been waiting for you for over an hour, you could at least tell me why."

I sighed. Rick wasn't making this easy. "I'm...busy."

"It's Saturday," Rick pointed out.

"I know but I can't go. I'll just have to come with you guys next time."