Chapter 7

Cookie: And here's chap 7. Be warned, there's only 2 chapters left. :) VOTE!/COMMENT! la de dah

---------------

There was no mistake about it...that bastard was ignoring me.

I glared daggers at his back as he casually walked several feet in front of me with Lizzie Ames, the blond bomb shell who lived next door to us and unfortunately went to the same school. Although she was only a junior, Lizzie had the figure of a fully developed woman, I was scared that her melon sized breast was going to burst out from her over strained blouse any second. They way she laughed at everything Adrian said while flipping her golden locks back made me want to grab a shaver and shave her head bald.

I know, I know, I had promised myself that I would hide these feelings that I had for Adrian, to never tell him what I truly felt, but it was easier said than done. All week I had been ignoring him, running out the room when he would walk in, pretending that I had to study for something when we were suddenly left alone, hiding from him in school...really, everyone started to think that I was some freaky ninja the way I can suddenly disappear when Adrian was near. I had developed some kind of Adrian detector or something.

But now I was the one who was being ignored.

I first noticed it about three days ago, when Adrian walked right passed me in the kitchen when we were alone. I would have made a run for it but there had been no need to. I thought he would stop me at least but no, he just walked passed me like I wasn't there, took a soda out the fridge, than walked right passed me again, out of my sight. He hadn't even looked at me.

Of course I had felt relieved that I hadn't needed to fight him off, but than as the days passed and he continued to pretend that I didn't exist, I started to feel irritated and hurt. It was a stupid reaction of course. Wasn't I suppose to be trying to get over Adrian? Why would I let this kind of thing affect me? I should be happy...but I wasn't.

"Oh Adrian stop!" Lizzie giggled at something Adrian said, "you're sooo bad!"

I glared at her than glared at Adrian. He was smiling at her, his lady-killer "angelic smile". I hated him for that. I hated Lizzie for touching him the way she was doing right now and I hated myself for feeling like this. The more the un-welcomed feeling grew the more I began to understand what Adrian had went through. It sucked.

"I think this is when I bring up the saying 'If looks could kill'."

I blinked at turned my attention to Stace. I had been so busy glaring at the two in front of me that I had forgotten that she had been next to me the whole time. "Sorry, Stace."

"No problem, I don't blame you," she shrugged. " But I think you should lower the hate waves when we get to school, I'm getting burned over here."

I rolled my eyes at her humor. "I'm fine."

"Of course you are." Stace was oozing sarcasm.

"Well don't you think that she's being too clingy?" I waved a hand at Lizzie. "She has her chest practically pressed against his arm."

"The girl is honest about what she likes," Stace shrugged. "Lizzie is the kind of girl who goes after what she wants...unlike some people I know."

I glared at her.

"What?" She looked at me innocently.

"She's being to pushy," I crossed my arms, "That's all I'm saying."

"Adrian doesn't seem to mind," Stace just had to point that out. "And I thought you were trying to get over him?"

"I am over him."

"Sure you are."

"Shut up, Stace."

Stace snorted and rolled her eyes, totally unafraid of my wrath. "Girl, you need to be more honest with yourself."

Lizzie laughed again, which made me look away from Stace to glare at her. She was totally plastered on Adrian's arm now and he wasn't saying anything about it. The green wrath of jealousy ran through me. What the hell was this? Here I am, miserable and there he was flirting with some bimbo! Hadn't he proclaimed his love for me about a week ago? Where the hell was his love now huh?

Look at him smile at her like that, like she was the one he confessed his love to. Lizzie was dumb enough to fall for his stupid smiles and his stupid face and his stupid lines. Adrian was stupid! That dumb, idiotic, sadistical, good for nothing jerk!

How I longed to bash his head with a pole and scream at him till my lungs are sore. How can I want to kill and kiss a guy so badly at the same time?

My face turned pained, cheeks burning with the mixture of anger and hurt. Why was he doing this? Why did he let that girl cling to him in front of me like that? Didn't he know that it would hurt me? Didn't he know that he hadn't been the only one suffering?

"Mika, watch out!"

I looked at Stace at the same time she tried to pull me back but it was too late already. I had been so deep into though that I hadn't been paying attention, if I had been I could have surely avoided the garbage can piled with rotting garbage but instead, with my luck, I tripped and dived head first into the garbage.

"Mika, you okay?"

I looked up from my position, sprawled on the cold pavement with garbage dumped all over me. Stace wrinkled her nose at the stench as she picked a banana peel form my shoulder. Behind her, Lizzie still clung to Adrian's side, laughing the whole time. Her cruel laughter stung.

I tried not to look at Adrian but my eyes couldn't help but roam to where he stood. He was looking at me like he didn't know what to do with me and what hurt more was that he was smirking, trying hard not to laugh at my situation.

My face flamed with embarrassment as Stace tried to help me up to my feet. The pain in my chest was building, making me clumsy and too weak to stand on my own. I looked down on the ground, hoping that my hair veiled my face, hiding the unshed tears that I was trying to fight back.

"Do you need help?" I heard Adrian's silky voice above me, his cruel alluring voice. "God, Mika, you should come with a warning label." He reached out his hand to help steady me but something inside me snapped. I didn't want him to touch me! I didn't want him to see how pathetic I was! Without thinking, I slapped his hand away has hard as I could, glaring up at him with accusing eyes that burned with pitiful tears.

For the first time since I had met him, Adrian's beautiful face looked startled.

"God, Mika, what's your problem?" Lizzie took Adrian's hand. "He was only trying to help you up."

I stared at her hand holding his and I felt myself struggling to breath. I was stupid, so stupid! Why was I acting like this? Standing fully, I turned and ran back towards the house, like the coward I was, ignoring Stace calling out my name. I need to be alone, I needed to be far way from Adrian! The pain in seeing him with some other girl was too strong, but the pain with him seeing me like this was stronger.

I really am pathetic.