Chapter 4

Cookie: Here's chap 4! Thank you readers for commenting and voting! You're all fab-u-lous! :) Please continue to VOTE & COMMENT! Fan if you'd like. Cookie out!

Ps: If any of you have any suggestions as to who could play Mika and Adrian, let me know. I for one have no idea. ^_^

------------------------

"Mika?"

"Mika!"

I jumped, startled. "What? What happened?"

Ginny, my best friend since the fifth grade studied me worridly. "Whats going on with you, girl? You look like the grim ripper himself is out to get you."

Oh god, if she only knew.

"I'm fine, really."

"Uh-huh," she rolled her eyes, unconvinced. We were sitting inside our schools cafeteria, having lunch. Well, at least Ginny was. I had ran out my house so fast this morning that I had fotgotten my lunch. Another reason to hate Adrian.

"Really, Mika, you've been acting funny lately. You jump at every little thing."

Oh, Ginny, if you had a crazy step-brother after you, you'd be jumpy too. But of course I didn't say that. Instead I said, "I'm just tired."

"Tired? Of what? Rick Jameson's attention?"

I smiled weakly at that. Rick had been paying a lot of attention to me. He'd carry my books, walk me to class, offer me ride home. I would have truly enjoyed it if I didn't go home to a house where the devils son was waiting for me. It's been three days since Adrian had k...kissed me and since than he was everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE.

In my thoughts, in the cornor of my eyes...he was freaking messing with me! Just the other day, he had ambushed me in the bathroom. There I was, helpless and with only a towel on. Oh yeah, he made a lame excuse about not knowing that I had been in there but I knew better. The bastard had smirked at me.

"You're so lucky," Ginny was saying. "Rick is such a hot guy and you've been in love with him since freshmen year."

"I guess," I replied distractedly, taking a peak behind me. I had to becareful and not let Adrian sneak up on me. He could be anywhere. The guy was a freaking predator.

"I mean he chose you," Ginny continued on, "out of a bunch of hotter chicks."

"Yeah, sure," I looked around. I had the sudden feeling that I was being watched. Watched by knowing eyes...oh god. Adrian was here. Somewhere.

"Mika, are you listening to me?"

I blinked at her. "Uh, yeah."

"Liar," Ginny frowned. "You sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine, Ginny, just drop it okay?"

"Whatever," she shrugged than straightened brightly. "Adrian, hi."

I stiffened. I don't know why I hadn't sensed him come behind me. But I knew he was there now, his presence filled the whole cafeteria.

"Hello, Ginny," I heard his silky voice say pleasantly.

Don't fall for it Ginny, I stared at her. Don't fall for his spell. Ginny, the traitor, smiled dazely at him. Damn.

"Mika," his breath tickled my ear when he bent his head down closer to it. "You left early again today. I would have walked you yo school."

I shivered. "I..I had early track practice."

"No you didn't," Big mouthed Ginny said. "It rained yesterday so there wasn't any practice today. You told me that, didn't you?"