♡2♡

"i-i'm sorry sir i-"

a loud slap was heard.

"enough of this nonsense! do you think you're better than us because you have a scholarship? I'll have you know my son is more than capable to replace you, you were just lucky!"

I lowered my head in tears and shook my head.

"get out of here you peasant! I can't stand looking at you any longer!" the man screamed and I immediately took off to my dorm.

I live in dawn Island with my mother and her gang of mountain (dadan) bandits, or I used to until I won a scholarship in the goa kingdom in a medical school. they saw my potential of becoming a doctor at such a young age, 8, that they allowed me to attend school and even live in a dorm there despite me being related to mountain bandits or peasant blood as they call it.

I've basically grown up in gray terminal. it's not news that the place is infected with disease and there are no doctors there, which is what inspired me to want to study medical.

the kids and teachers often pick on me for that reason. they call me an outsider and always bully me in hopes of scaring me away. but its the one thing I can't allow them to scare me out of.

I rushed through the hallways and into the dorms connected to the school. although they were nice enough to give me a dorm for the convenience, I was given one in the run down side of the building. I wasn't even allowed a bed, they gave me a dirty mattress. to the right sat a desk and a chair with chipped white paint. the walls were a dirty beige and half run down while the ground had stains that I previously spent hours trying to wash off but they just wouldn't budge.

not much else was in the room, other than a stash of books for me to study with as I never really had any other remarkable items worth bringing with me.

I've been studying here since I was 8, so for a year and a few months now. I haven't left the place since I came here because I was afraid they wouldn't let me in again as entering the place was already a pain.

I remember trying for days with my mother, ace and his friend sabo were uninterested but still decided to spectate from a bit away. we spent really long trying to convince the guards into believing us until the principal of the school himself finally came out and let me in. my mother was of course not let in and that was the last time I ever saw any of my family again.

the principal is nice but I don't see him very often, he's very busy with his work.

after I moved to the school the reputation immediately dropped, nobles all around the kingdom showed outrage at the school for housing a peasant girl. but after a while the fire slowed down and instead of showing outrage to the school I was tormented.

my family of course never heard of anything and I catch myself dreaming of the times I lived with them. missing my mothers warmth and the fun I had with ace despite him not liking me that much. a week before moving I found out ace had a friend, sabo, whom he has hung out with for a really long time. I was a bit sad that he didn't introduce him to me, but I was too busy with my school to pay much attention to it.

I opened the door to my dorm and slammed it shut, the lock was half broken so I was forced to put a chair on the handle.
I'm extra cautious because one time the older kids of the school broke in and beat me until the bell rang. I sat in my room, a bloody mess, sobbing my eyes out and almost regretting coming here. but whenever I feel this way I remember how it's like for people in the grey terminal and how they desperately need help too.

I wiped my tears and grabbed my books in determination, "I'm not gonna let some stupid teacher stop me from becoming the youngest and first outsider to graduate!"