CHAPTER 38: THE WAR HAS BEGUN.

Silent night takes over. The whole world was quiet. The dark sky was seen. Everything felt depressing. That's what he feels. He just sat there in the rock, staring at his reflection. The water flowing smoothly. He signed heavily under his breath.

???: Mourning over what happened back there isn't gonna help you.

Felix looked behind him. It revealed Vanessa.

Vanessa: You of all people should know that.

Felix: How come you're so calm about this? It's like you're used to this.

Vanessa: I know better.

Felix: What does that mean?

Vanessa: Crying over what happened back there isn't gonna bring what we've lost back.

Felix: I'm not crying. I'm just disappointed.

Vanessa: Disappointed? Why? You did good out there.

Felix: I did not. I didn't even get to protect them. Nor save them.

Vanessa: But you did do good. You chose to fight for us. Even when you knew you are still not fully recovered.

Felix: I failed. Once again. I failed to save us again.

Vanessa: What? No, no that was, that was a glorious fight. You saved us, you saved them-

Felix: Don't.

Vanessa: Don't what?

Felix: Don't give me false hope.

Vanessa: I'm sorry I couldn't help you. I'm sorry I didn't get to do anything.

Felix: It's not your fault. It's not anyone's fault it's...It's theirs.

Vanessa: If you think so, then why do I sense that you're blaming yourself?

Felix: Who wouldn't? I felt like I failed again. Like how I failed to protect Lazica and Nyland. Now because of my failure, you've lost a home. Again.

Vanessa: You are right. Indeed, I, once again lost a home. A place I loved, a place I find, comfortable. I felt peace in my home. In our village. But sometimes, things like this does happen quite often. And people like us can't do anything about it but hide in the shadows, to find peace.

Felix: We have Kings. We have Queens. Soldiers that are meant to protect people like you but me....I am a King....but I failed.

Vanessa: You are being too hard on yourself. Failure....sometimes we have to admit it, we do need failure to help us realize that if we wish to be brave, that if we wish to succeed. Sometimes we just have to fail. Failure is not a bad thing. It's not a good thing either. Sometimes it just happens.

Felix: But I failed. Too many times. I keep trying to stop making these damn same mistakes but God damn it, it just keeps happening! I am trying. Desperately. Hardly. Trying every single damn time but I end up making a mistake that just involves ...involves ....involves people. Innocent ones. Defenseless ones. Women  children are starving and dying.

Felix said angrily and sadly. He clenched his fists tightly

Vanessa: Not all of us were killed, there were some that were still alive. I've seen you fight. You will not stop until you save everyone from the enemies. Even if that means risking your own precious life for your people. You did your best out there. Just to protect us and the innocents. To protect me. You should be proud of yourself-

Felix: What is it there to be proud of? Seeing the people die?

Vanessa: Seeing that some people had survived because of you.