Light Yagami

Guess what! I'm bringing this back because my life is dull. 🌝

                                 (726 words)

Since that night, my time has been passing pleasantly. L and I have grown closer, washing some of my anxiety away. However, one thing was still bothering me. It's fact that my father's bound to find out about my little secret. He behaves badly enough not knowing about my relationship; just imagine how worse it could get. Spoiler alert: I don't want to.

Though he's great and all, L has been freaking me out a bit. He always seems to know the answer, and not in that cute "aw you know me so well" way. He always seems to know my feelings and opinions, even if I don't tell him them. He's so knowledgeable, and I don't know if I should feel annoyed because he's sort of a narcissist, or if I should admire him for it. When I say narcissist, I don't mean he is in love with himself. I mean that he acts like everything he interprets is a fact. How can someone be so sure of themself?
Amidst my thinking, I hear the leaves rustle outside. I wait for our special knock... but nothing? Maybe it was just a bird. I tried to sit still and continue working on my painting, but my curiosity got the best of me. I just had to see what was there.

When I arrived at my window, I saw L far in the distance, receding from my house. I was filled with confusion and quickly climbed out to follow him.
"Hey!" I called out to him.

Seriously? Hey?

"Hi," he blandly replied. I didn't know what to ask. Like should I have said, "Why'd you come to my house just to walk away?"
"Uh- what are you doing here?" I replied with an awkward smile. He looked back at me and then began walking faster. What the hell?
"Hey! What the fuck, L?" I shout, but sort of quietly because I don't want to alarm anybody in the house (it's 11:00 PM.)

"I don't know if we should talk right-" and then he stopped mid-sentence. He was staring at my chest. I'd forgotten I wasn't fully clothed, and I abruptly closed the curtain, my face turning red. I peeked out the side, and he was a lot closer this time, making an unreadable expression. He looked sophisticated yet, sweaty... maybe? I really just have no clue.
"Can I come in, actually? he says, now looking a bit embarrassed.

By now, I've put on a shirt and he is sitting across from me on my bed, staring at me. I was still very confused at his little ding-dong ditch attempt.
"Why were you outside?" I ask him.
"Well, I wanted to spend some time with you, but I decided it wouldn't be a good idea," he says, still looking a bit secretive for some reason. I had a few ideas of what he could be hiding, and some of them made my heart race. It was weird seeing him so vulnerable because I'm usually in his position. Maybe I could take advantage of this moment?

"Oh yeah? Why?" I inquire, flirtatiously leaning my head over to the side. His blank face transitioned into one of affection. At this point, I was getting hot and ready for the conversation to progress. 
"I just... don't want to overwhelm you with my overbearing desire for you," he jokingly says casually, inching his way closer to me. Heat fills my chest, and I realize I've never felt so wanted. I take his hand and kiss it, also jokingly.
"I like you, L. I don't feel intimidated by that kind of thing," I say sweetly, but with a little slur in my voice, intoxicating him.

He pins me down against the bed. Our heavy breathing syncs up as he looks me up and down.
"Let's get this off.." he takes off my shirt that I had put on minutes earlier. He leans down and captures my lips, his hair falling out of his little ponytail. It beautifully fringes around his face, bringing out his feminine jawline.
"You're so pretty," I can't stop myself from saying, only because it's one of the truest things I've said. I just couldn't bring my eyes away from him.

To be continued...