5. miserable hands

5. miserable hands

"Do I look handsome?"

If it was a question which Han Go-woon had to answer at home, she'd definitely roll her eyes at her brother's very obnoxious remark and still say yes because he was handsome. But now that they were in the bookstore, around a few school kids who were sitting either with their school work or reading some comics, all she felt was embarassment.

"Oppa!" She hissed at her brother's nonchalant question which brought the attention of everyone, especially the girls who couldn't help but swoon at the very charming Han Seojun. "Are you here to pick me up or embarrass me?" She whisper yelled at her brother who was admiring his hair in the reflective glass.

"Embarrass?" Han Seojun frowned, turning to face his flushed sister, "Ya, you're Han Seojun's sister, there's nothing embarassing about that." With that he eyed the kids who were watching him, his one intimidating glare was enough for them to avert their gazes. "Just answer the question, geez."

Go-woon looked at her brother, she'd never know what her brother was thinking because he was always unpredictable in everything he did. But that being said, Seojun never asked her about his looks, it was an unspoken rule in the family that beauty standards never really mattered. She pushed her glasses over her nose, keeping the comic book aside. "Oppa, did some girl reject you?" She grinned when Han Seojun's eyes widened as he turned.

"Ya!"

"Uhuh, this means someone actually ignored you!" She giggled, speaking loud enough for the others to hear and Seojun rushed towards her, shushing the girl.

"No girl can resist my charm," Han Seojun adjusted his leather jacket, "you know that."

"Except for Jugyeong unnie..." His sister mumbled over her breath receiving Han Seojun's glare in response. "I mean, why the sudden question?" She was almost at the end of her shift, books all tidied and cash neatly locked in the register.

Han Seojun gulped, that was a good question considering how he never mentioned about his looks in front his little sister because he knew she was a bit insecure. And even though he often joked about being handsome, he knew that it did not really matter and that the inner beauty would often be the purest thing. But it did occur to him since middle school on how his good looks would get him an easy pass on things, whispers and warm gazes from girls, the envious stares from boys and of course, garnering attention all the time.

Seojun thought it would be easy for him to get Kang Soojin's attention, after all, he was gifted with a remarkable charming face but when he asked her to spare some time to discuss about the project, the girl simply denied. He had a hard time to not be startled at her simple rejection, because even before he'd ask girls to do something for him, they'd readily agree. And here, Soojin, even after being offered for a coffee outing, denied without even thinking about it.

That girl was way different than the others, he knew that, but so unfazed by him, that was a little tough for him to digest. He noticed how she got a call from someone and the little spark she had on her face died instantly and her hand fisted, which to Han Seojun meant that the caller was dead meat.

"Who?" He asked, curious about the person who would dare ruin Soojin's mood.

"Why should it matter to you?"

"Ya, you cannot question another question."

"Says who?"

"Says me."

"Ya Han Seojun, is that why you came all the way here?" Soojin asked, hand over her head which ached a bit more. "To bother me?"

He scoffed, rolling his eyes, "you really do think the world revolves around you." She flared at that remark and Han Seojun adjusted his jacket, "if it wasn't for me, you'd be losing your marks so be grateful."