Chapter 3

Keltic
My birthday is coming up. In 2 days. Every year Jamie usually sets up a candle lit dinner for us with some of my favorite foods: dumplings, fried pork chops mixed in with some rice, and then some cake and ice cream for dessert.
Some people might find it plain, simple, or boring. But I live off of repetition and stuff being the same. I kinda need it to function.

I have an idea of what Jamie is going to get me? I've been a drummer since I was a little girl. Jamie on the other hand is such a rad guitarist that shreds so hard. Guess I haven't mentioned have I? We live in an apartment so it's not like I could have an acoustic kit or anything. But I was hoping for something cool like a pair of sticks and a practice pad, or a signed drum head from my favorite bands.

I'm laying in bed with the lights low and some music on while Jamie is making us something to eat. There are times where I wish I could just do more for them the way they do for me, but they kept insisting me that I need to trust them, so I will.

I hear a knock on the door, "foods ready my dear" Jamie says as they open the door and bring in the food.
"Careful honey, it's still a bit hot" Jamie says. How do they make everything sound so caring.
"Thank you hun." I thank them.
"I always love the food you make me, it's always full of love!!" I smile back at them. Thanking in Jamie's pretty face.
"anyways" I continue " I was wondering what you got me for my birthday?"

"We'll honey you know you have to wait. But I promise you'll love your surprise" Jamie says. We go back to eating and then eventually lay down for a nap.