Jealousy

It's been a week since me and Kade had our best friend day and today he has a date with Hailey. He's always had a crush on her since high school. Don't get me wrong she's pretty looking but I can't help but feel...jealous? I was so deep in my thoughts I didn't hear Danni come in.
"Hey Jen." Dani said. I jumped when I heard her voice and looked at her.
"Hey." I said with a small smile.
"You okay? You look a little down." Dani said sitting down.
"I guess...I'm just thinking.." I said looking out the window.
"It's about Kade's date isn't it?" She said staring at me. I looked at her and then shook my head.
"I can't stop thinking about it!" I examined frustrated.
"You're jealous!" She said smiling and laughed.
"No I'm not." I said bluntly.
"Yes you are. Don't lie to me. I've known you've always had a crush on him since high school." She said winking at me.
"Fine. You're right I'm jealous!" I said. Dani sat there laughing while I grumbled at her.
"Who's jealous?" We turned around and saw Cody.
"Oh...uh w-well.." I couldn't come up with an answer.
"Cody I thought you were at Doc's?"
Dani asked.
"Me and Frankie got done with our project and I wanted to see of Jenni wanted play basketball." Cody explained.
"Sure..why not." I said. We played ball for a couple hours and I heard a familiar laugh that always made me smile but I felt sad because I wasn't the one making him laugh. I turned around and saw Kade with Hailey.
I sighed and turned around and continued to play basketball with Cody.
Dani was right...I am jealous...but I can't tell Kade...what will happen to our friendship?...I feel like our friendship isn't going to last either way now...