Ch. 1 coming back to Griffin Rock

The breeze in my hair and the water most on my face. It's been to long since I've been to Griffon Rock. 3 years to be exact. Oh! I forgot to mention who I am. Silly me. My name is Jennifer Rose. I am 4'7 and never will grow as people say I'm short than normal people my age. I am 22. I have long brown natural curly hair and brown eyes. I grew up here in Griffin Rock with my best friend Kade Burns. Me and him met in 1st grade when I was knew girl. He was the first one to introduce himself and since then we have been bet friends.

I left 3 years ago to go to Africa to help on a nature reserve with my father. There was no way to get a hold of Kade or anybody until we get the docks. Since I moved to Africa I changed a little I got tanner which is a surprise and my hair got lighter. My father said he was going to stay and continue to study while I came back to study the wildlife here and to see some old friends and by old friends I mean the Burns family.

The Ferry was close to the shore and I could see giant robots? With the Burns family? I looked up and saw Kade. Throughout the years of us being best friends I developed a crush on him. Dani his sister knew about it. I could trust her with anything. The Ferry got to the doc and I decided I would be the last one off while I get my stuff together. While I was getting my stuff together I hard someone ask me something.

"Uh excuse you need help with that?" I heard a familiar voice. I turned around and saw Kade. his eyes widen and then looked at me shocked.

"Kade!" I jumped on him and hugged him.

"Jennifer! I-I didn't know you were coming back! And you look different" he said hugging me back.

"It's been too long." I said smiling.

We let go of each other and decided to get my stuff.

"Jenny?" I heads Dani ask.

"The one and only!" I said smiling.

"Welcome back." Chief Burns said.

"Thanks Chief." I said. I looked around and Griffin Rock seemed different.

"Looks different since the time I saw Griffin Rock." I said a little disappointment in my voice.

"Yea more technology here now." Graham said.

"The Mayor is still relying on technology? That's no good. I sometimes wonder if that man has seen the beauty of nature here instead of technology." I said shaking my head.

"Hey Jenny!" I heard someone say I looked and saw Cody.

"Cody!" I said hugging him. "your growing up on me almost as y'all as me." I said huffing

"Still short as alway." I heard Kade say.

"Hey! in might be short but I can still here you you know and kick your butt." I said crossing my arms.

"Jennifer how bout you stay at the Fire House with us while you stay here." Chief offered.

"Thanks Chief. Id love that. I'm not here for long though." I said grabbing my stuff.

"Why not?" Kade asked.

"Well with daddy still in Africa at the Animal Nature Reserve I still have little babies in Africa that still need to be taken care of. I came here to study actually the wildlife. there's some rare bears here and some snakes that I want to study and plus I'm making a Nature Documentary for different kinds of Animals. It's going to be awesome." I said smiling.

"Well stay as long as you need to Jennifer." Chief said.

"Thanks Chief." I said.

"C'mon you can ride with me." Kade said getting my stuff. I rolled my eyes and grabbed some of my stuff.

"Robots car forms please." Chief asked. they transformed into rescue cars.

"That is cool." I said.

"You have no idea." I heard Kade say.

I left it alone and got into his fire truck.

"Kade... it's been a long time...im sorry for not keeping in touch. We don't use that much Technology in Africa and it was hard to do anything. I really missed you." I said looking at Kade.

"Jennifer it's okay. I missed you too." he said giving me a side hug.

It was about late when I got everything settled in my room. I went downstairs and got ready to eat dinner with everyone.

"So Jenny how was Africa?" Cody asked everyone looked at me and I smiled.

"It was amazing. We got to rescue animals and sometime ourselves I tell you. I got to take care of the nursery with all the baby animals." I said

"Wow. what kind if animals?" Cody asked.

"Well a baby elephant. A baby owl that fell out if her nest and broke her wing. A litter of Lions that was born in captivity and baby tigers too." I said remembering everything I did.

"Always in love with the animals." Kade said elbowing me. I smiled and elbowed him back and we laughed.

After we ate we decided to watch tv and just to hang out.

"Well I think it's time for me to hit the hay stack. Im getting up before dawn so I can go hike and see if I can find some those animals I was talking about." I said getting up and stretching.

"I might do the same thing too. Im beat out." Kade said. we walked upstairs and he walked me to my room.

"It's good to see you Kade." I said hugging him.

"It's good to see you too Jen." Kade said hugging me back. we let go and walked into our rooms. I smiled and changed into some pajamas and layed down and went to sleep.

It was good to see my best friend again.