1) Aric- Alone

What if: Japeth was expelled from Arbed House instead of Aric? This is right after Aric learns of Japeth's death.
Trigger warning: Major deaths, gore
________________________________
Aric's P.O.V.
Freezing rain pelted my face as I trudged up a small hill. My feet were sore and my hands numb from the cold. My arms and legs were littered with cuts, remnants of thorns I had ran into along the way.

I shouldn't have done this. I shouldn't have run away from Foxwood. I knew that full well. But it didn't matter. I couldn't just stay there. I wasn't going to spend the rest of my life in that hellhole. So I did what I should have done a long time ago. I ran.

I ran as fast and as hard as I could, never bothering to look back to see if I was being followed. It's not like anyone cared about me enough to go looking for me. I was better off away from that school

One hour earlier
"Everyone! Please report to common room immediately!" Dean Brundhilde yelled.

I dragged myself drearily to the common room, dreading whatever idiocy was to come. Dean Brundhilde sat in a chair with a distraught look on her face. When everyone had arrived, she began to speak.

"Boys. I have some shocking news," she began. "Our former student, Japeth, has just died."

I looked over at Rhian, whose eyes were wide in shock, his mouth hanging open. A wave of anger and sadness washed over me.

"This is your fault!" I practically screamed at Rhian, who was on the verge of tears now. "Your brother is dead because of you! How does that feel?" This was too much for him. Tears flooded from his eyes, but I didn't stop. "And if you had forgiven him, he'd still be alive!  So much for you being good!"

Rhian looked at me, his eyes red-veined and raw. "You're heartless. You're incapable of human emotions. So instead of mourning and coping with death like a normal person, you attack other people and make them feel bad to compensate for your total lack of a soul. You're a sadistic monster and I hope you die alone."

That was it. Rhian had tipped the scales. I pulled a knife from my pocket and lunged at him.

Rhian screamed and ran in the other direction. But I was far faster and far stronger than him. He ran for the door, but I was gaining on him. He would never make it in time.

By the time he made it to the door, I was mere feet away from. He fumbled with the door knob, but he was too late. I pinned him against the wall, holding him by throat. He gurgled and gasped in vain for breath.

Dean Brundhilde and the rest of the boys ran for me as I drew my knife and held it to Rhian's throat.

"Say hello to Japeth for me."

My knife struck down, slitting his throat open. I heard horrified screams behind me, but I didn't bother to look back. I let go of Rhian's throat and watched him as he fell to ground, slowly dying. He coughed and hacked up blood,  struggling for breath.

I heard Dean Brundhilde behind me, walking cautiously towards me. I spun to her, Rhian's blood spattered on my face. Her own face was tear-stained, her eyes bloodshot and her lip trembling. Without a second thought, I stuffed my knife in my pocket and bolted out of that school... and out of Foxwood.

Back to the present
When I left Foxwood, I had no idea where I was going. But now I knew perfectly well.

As I ran farther up the hill, growing closer and closer to my destination, Dean Brundhilde's screams echoed in my head. I could still see Rhian's face in my head. I remembered the look in his eyes when I raised my blade. He knew he was going to die. There was nothing he could do to stop it. He was so helpless and afraid. And in that moment, I felt more alive than I ever had.

What was wrong with me? Why was I like this? This wasn't me... was it? I was never like this when Japeth was around. He brought out the best in me. And now that he was gone, there was no more good in me.

Without realizing it, I had made it to the top of the hill. I was finally there. And there it stood, right in front of me. Japeth's gravestone. I walked right up to it and kneeled down in front of it. I didn't care that the ground was muddy or that it felt like it was minus ten degrees outside.

I picked a flower out of the grass and laid it on his gravestone. It was an arum palaestinum. A tear fell from my eye. That was Japeth's favorite flower. It was black, like his soul. That was what Japeth always said. Suddenly, a river of tears flooded from my eyes, dripping down my face and splashing in the puddles around me.

Japeth had loved me so much. He'd been my only friend. No one else had loved me. Not the way he did. And now he was gone.

I was all alone.

I will always be alone.
________________________________
Author's note:
This is my first chapter I've ever written on Wattpad, so it's not that good.

I wasn't expecting it to be so violent and murder-y, but it kinda turned out that way. Luckily, I still managed to make it kinda sad at the end.

Hope you guys liked it :)