4) Rophie- Damaged

Prompt: Seventeen from Heathers

Trigger warning: mention of alcohol, talk of death
________________________________
Third Person P.O.V.
Sophie stood on the cold stone floor of the School Master's tower. The breeze coming through the open window ruffled her ethereal golden hair and velvet black dress, but her stance was strong and unfaltering. She glared at Rafal with a look so sharp it could cut through steel. Moments ago, Rafal had shared his plans to murder Tedros and Agatha with Sophie, to which she strongly opposed.

"Sophie, look. You are Evil. We both are. There's nothing that can change that. We are Evil because of the pain and suffering we have endured throughout our lives. We are damaged. But that's what makes us strong. You can be the most powerful queen anyone has ever seen. But first, they have to die." Rafal reasoned, nodding at the Storian, which painted a vivid mural of Tedros and Agatha running through the forest.

Sophie remained where she was, still glaring plainly at Rafal, unconvinced. When she spoke, her voice was at once as steely as her gaze and as beautiful as she was.

"Fine! We're damaged." She began, "Really damaged."

Rafal nodded in agreement "That's what I'm''- but Sophie cut him off.

"But," she said sharply. "That does not make us wise." She took a step closer to him, black heels clacking against the ground. Her emerald eyes cut into him, flickering like warning flares. "We're not special. We're not different. We don't get to choose who lives or dies!" Sophie pointed at the opened storybook, where a painting of her dear friends sat, but her eyes never left Rafal.

She kept walking closer to him, daring him to back away. Then, for the first time all evening, her gaze softened. Rather than scornful, there was a look of hope on her face. Rafal cocked an eyebrow, confused.

"Let's be normal. See bad movies. Sneak a beer and watch TV. We'll bake brownies or go bowling. Don't you want a life with me, Rafal?" 

She walked up to him, her lips curling into the smallest of smiles. She cupped her hand in his and pulled him towards her.

"Can't we just be seventeen? That's all I want to do." Sophie pulled him closer, her soft hand brushing his bare chest. "If you could let me in, I could be good with you."

"But we're not Good. We're Evil. You know that Sophie. You can't change who you are." Rafal said, stepping back and letting go of Sophie's hand.

Sophie didn't flinch, she just stood there, unruffled. It was as though she had planned for this.

"We're Evil because people hurt us. Or they vanished. And you're right, it really blows." She was smiling completely, now. "But we can let go."

Rafal smiled, understanding. He walked back up to her and grabbed her hand. "And take a deep breath." His voice was strong yet soft, cold yet loving, and hard yet melodic.

"And go by some summer clothes." As Sophie spoke, their faces were inches away. "We'll go camping."

"Play some poker, and we'll eat some chili fries."

Sophie gasped. "Wait, what?"

Rafal chuckled and sighed in delight. "Forget I said anything."

"Well, maybe prom night?" She cooed.

"Or maybe just dancing?"He suggested.

Sophie grabbed both of his hands and looked straight into his eyes. Oh, how she loved those hypnotizing, icy blue eyes. She pulled him in even closer, their lips nearly touching.

"Don't stop looking in my eyes." Sophie begged.

They held each other close, dancing around the tower, singing and laughing like normal teenagers.

"Can't we be seventeen?" They chorused, now singing to the rhythm of their dance. "Is that so hard to do? If you could let me in, I could be good with you. Let's be seventeen if we've still got the right." They stopped their dance and flopped down next to each other on the bed.

Sophie gazed lovingly into Rafal's eyes. "I wanna be with you. I wanna be with you tonight." She repeated.

She turned her head and kissed his cold lips. Her arms wrapped around him and she pulled him towards her. Her skin was covered in goosebumps from the frigidness of his skin, but inside there was a satisfying warmth. She let out a sigh of pleasure as her soft lips parted his.

"Yeah, we're damaged. Badly damaged. But your love's too good to lose." She whispered. "Hold me tighter."

Rafal wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her lightly on the cheek. "Even closer." He said.

"I'll stay if I'm what you choose." Sophie smiled softly.

"If I am what you choose, 'cause you're the one I choose."

They looked at each other so intently that it seemed as though they were looking into each other's souls.

"You're the one I choose." They said in unison.
________________________________
Author's note:
Sorry this one was so short. I'm not very good at writing fluff.

I changed up some of the dialogue so that it wasn't exactly like the song I'm basing this off of word for word, but it's still pretty similar.