00 || Erumi Yukiura: Origin

This took a very long time huh...? to be honest I am still not satisfied and I feel that a certain part of the story may feel too abrupt but knowing myself.... I'll never post the story at all if I keep acting like that lmao. Certain things have changed since I posted this story including the backstory for some of My ocs... so let's see how this goes.

And another thing! The cover of the story is drawn by @Yu_Aisa on Insta, great thanks to her for that amazing cover, hope you guys like this story and I will try to update the story at a good pace but no promises lol.

~~•❄•~~

There were many ways she had expected this day to go, but this was not one of them. Maybe the ominous weather was a warning, a message for her to stay at home in the comfort of her bed. Even so, she went against her gut feeling and headed out. 

Jaku city's streets were now covered by agonizing flames, devouring everything in sight. Thick smoke billowed upward, covering the sky in darkness. The horrendous screams of civilians pierced through the silence, resonating across the streets, they clomped around, searching for safety. The sounds of their footsteps gradually vanished into nothingness as each ran for their own lives. 

Erumi was left all alone in the chaos, staring at all the surrounding destruction, face filled with terror as she tried to process what had happened. She stumbled through the debris, trying desperately to find some kind of escape route through the wreckage. The girl clutched her hand and kept moving forward, “Mom…Dad… Itsuo…Ritsuo…where are you?” she choked out, her voice trembling. “Please… answer me!” She’d been walking aimlessly, searching for any sign of life to no avail.

Tears threatened to fall from her eyes and she wiped them away quickly. She couldn’t cry—not right now. 

Be strong Erumi...

She repeated in her mind, pushing forward. Had she not been caught in this mess, she'd still be with her parents, if only they went to any other place… everything would've been fine, she'd still be safe in her house or having fun with her family elsewhere.

But it was too late to regret anything. 

Her legs trembled, fear and exhaustion taking their toll on her muscles. Her heart pounded against her chest, the blood pumping through her veins and causing her to feel faint. In her distraught state, Erumi took a wrong step, stumbling against something before falling on the hard concrete. With a grumble, she raised her head, then flinched back. 

She stared down in front of her, eyes wide open. The tears welled up, running down her cheeks, both hands clasped onto her mouth, she wanted to scream, but it came out a quiet cry instead. Her stomach churned as if she was going to throw up. Her breath caught in the back of her throat at what she saw. She pushed herself back, desperate to run away from this place. 

In front of her was not one… not two but several lifeless bodies crushed between the rubble. It was a horrifying sight. One that made her skin crawl.

Her hands shook as she froze in fear. She hoped it was just a dream, a horrible nightmare. It wasn't real, it couldn't be, right? Right…?

She'd soon wake up from this terrible nightmare, at least, she genuinely hoped so.

The small girl was too shaken to notice the wall behind her, it slowly began to collapse, but it was too late by the time she noticed. Her heart stopped as she watched, horrified, as the crumbling wall fell down, collapsing on her with a deafening bang. The massive slab of concrete weighed on her body, knocking the air from her lungs.

She tried to scream as the stone crushed her small body, but nothing came out of her mouth but a pained gasp. Her fingers clawed at the ground, desperately trying to dig herself free.