01 || A Child's Guilt

I am back~

Sorry for the long wait everyone, but I am back with chapter one now! I could have finished it sooner but I wanted to post it today, on the 28th of February, because today my friends... is Erumi's birthday~ (And my mother's too lol) I knew I wouldn't be able to post a chapter on time if I had posted chapter 1 earlier and... to be honest, I finished this chapter last minute too 😅 Gotta love procrastination am I right? 😀

That aside, I hope you enjoy this chapter, and to everyone, that's been commenting and giving support to this story... thank you, it really means a lot to me.

~~•❄•~~

Upon waking up, the little girl immediately felt disoriented, her head throbbed from a pounding headache and the world spun around her. Erumi squeezed her eyes tight, then slowly opened them, blinking to adjust to the light of day, each time her surroundings became clearer. The first thing that came into focus was the white walls surrounding her. She turned to the right, seeing a heart monitor next to her, beeping steadily.

Where... am I...?

She tried sitting up to look around, but quickly stopped when her headache worsened, so she flopped back down against her pillow, letting her body rest once more. It hurt, her body was aching, her legs, her arms, her chest. Everything.

But most of all, she felt weak and physically exhausted. Had it been the side effects of using her Quirk? She wasn't sure. Erumi had never overused her Quirk that much before.

She never needed to.

After a minute or two of laying there, she forced herself to sit up again, only to hiss in pain at the sudden movement. Erumi tried to take a few deep breaths. She focused on calming herself down and slowly began breathing normally. Her muscles gradually eased as her senses started coming back to her. However, her memories were still jumbled, and her thoughts were fuzzy. All she remembered were bits and pieces of the incident.

Mom and dad.... where are they...? What happened?

Her thoughts continued racing in circles. Memories of that night flashed through her mind. She sat up with an immediate jolt, recalling every detail of the incident. The Villain who attacked her... Her mother's bloodstained body... the terror... the chaos... It was all so vivid. Her breathing became more erratic as she started to hyperventilate. More tears slid down her cheeks. She squeezed her eyes shut, attempting to filter out the flashbacks, but they just became more intense. It kept repeating in a loop. Over and over again. Like a broken record. Even when she wanted it to stop, it didn't.

It was all real. Everything had happened. All of it. And now that reality set in, Erumi couldn't help but feel overwhelmed.

It was all too much.

Erumi shook her head and stood on her shaky legs, it gave way beneath her, and she fell to the ground with a loud thud. Biting her lips, the small girl tried to push herself up but fell back on the ground. Again, she whimpered from the pain that flared up her body, she felt as though her legs were burning. Erumi looked down at her legs, which were bandaged from her ankles to just above her thighs. Blood trickled down her calves from under the bandages.

The pain was unbearable but she still needed to get up somehow. She had to find her parents.

Surely they were safe...right?

They had to be.

The door suddenly slid open as a familiar voice called out. "Ru!" Erumi looked over towards the doorway, seeing her two brothers rushing inside. Both of them stopped short in front of her, staring at their little sister on the floor. "Are you alright?" The oldest twin, Itsuo, asked worriedly, "You should have stayed still," He pulled her off the floor. "If you move too much the wound will reopen."