19. Abandon Ships

It had been two months since that dreaded nightmare. It had gone back to work and Dad had gone for his cruise. He was finally getting that honeymoon with Athena he always wanted. This morning Buck and I had been working up to the sound of one of the baby monitors going off. Shortly followed by a small sleepy figure. "Mama, Dada, bubba cry." She said to the two of us and we looked at one another.

"I've got him. You stay with Mars." Buck said to me and he kissed my head as he went to go and deal with our son. Flynn Daniel-Otis. Daniel-Otis being the double barrel middle names. We thought it would be nice to do. Our baby girl was Talulla.

"Mama, if bubba and sissy sad can I give kiss?" She asked me as I picked her up. Buck was currently walking out to go and check on the twins.

"As long as me or daddy or even Uncle Hayden or Uncle Josh. And your grandparents are around then you can." I said to her with a smile and she smiled back at me before she cuddled into me.

"Ok mamma. Can I give one soon?" She asked me and I kissed her head.

"Of course you can, sweetie." I said to her with a smile. I was so happy and relieved that she loving having two new additions around. But who knew how long that would last. But for now I was enjoying these mornings. Our small family was happy. Hopefully it would stay that way. When work came around. We had the most unexpected call of all time. A fighter jet had crashed into a home. Definitely wasn't on my bingo card for this shift. When we'd turned up I saw the flames from the jet.

"Bobby sure picked the right day to leave for his honeymoon." Hen said to us and I looked at her.

"He really did. I hope she's enjoying the Sun and ocean." I said to her with a smile. I could imagine it now.

"No way anybody survived this." Chim said and that's when we started towards the house. Well what was left of it.

"Oh, thank god. The firefighters are here, Abe. My husband- -He's stuck in his chair, which is not unusual." The wife said to us and she was in a state of shock.

"Ma'am, let me take a look." Eddie said to her in a calming tone.

"Yeah? Okay." She answered. I can't imagine how she felt.

"Is there anyone else in the house?" Hen asked her and Eddie started to sit the lady down.

"No, it's just us. We never had children." She said to us and I wonder if she ever wanted them.

"And animals don't like her." The husband said and I found that hard to believe.

"Sir, try not to move your neck." Chim said and I went over to help him. He'd need more hands to help with the husband. "Okay. Can you wiggle your toes for me?" Chim asked as he joined me at the other side of the jet.

"No. And I c- -I can't feel my legs, either. It's kinda- -it's kinda hard to breathe." He said to us and that was helpful for us.

"We will get this off as quick as we can." I said to him reassuringly.

"All right. We're gonna get you out of here. Buck!" Chim shouted and that's when Buck started coming over.

"Yeah, coming." He said to us. We all then grabbed some part of the plane. "Okay, on three. Ready? One, two..." Buck said but it wouldn't budge. It was stuck. "Okay. Hey, what if we chain the wreckage to the ladder truck, try and tow it off?" Buck asked and that wouldn't work. I looked over at Hen.

"No. Looks like this plane is holdin' up whatever's left of this house." Hen said.

"Without it, this will be more serious then just a plane wreckage." I said to them. There would be casualties.