Free Day

Disclaimer: I do not own anything Marvel or anything I borrowed from other media.

Free Day (New Year theme)

Tony Stark, aka Iron man, decided to host a party on New Year's Eve. A lot of heroes came to celebrate the New Year. Among the heroes, Tony's protégé Spider-man, who was to himself most of the time, wasn't enjoying himself. He never was a big party person, even though he had a reputation for nonstop talking. At times during the party, Spider-woman tries to get him to mingle with the others, but Spidey keeps to himself in a corner, watching everyone else enjoy themselves. Eventually, around 11, when no one was paying attention, Spidey snuck outside to watch the ball drop himself.

"What a way to celebrate going into the New Year," Spidey said sarcastically, waiting for the clock to strike 12 so he could go home to his apartment. Little did he realize someone had crept behind him without his spider-sense going off.

"Spider?" asks a familiar voice that caught Spider-man off guard even though he knew the voice all too well, not to mention he only knew one person who would call him that.

"Cat? What brings you here? You know the real party is inside the building." He turns to see Black Cat looking at him like she knows something is wrong.

"I know, but the question is, why are you up here alone and not with the others?" Black Cat asks in a concerned tone walking towards him.

Spidey was shocked that she didn't just flirt with him as she usually did when they met. He didn't want to tell anyone why he wasn't in the best mood, but he and Cat had grown a strong bond over the year, so he felt comfortable explaining his issue to her.

"I feel like even though I am hanging with a bunch of great heroes; it just seems like I don't belong hanging with the Avengers. There's also the whole watching some of them hooking up. Then I don't want to be alone at my place, so I figure coming to the party would be a better option, but I think it might not have been." Spider-man confesses as Black Cat sits and listens. She hates seeing him like this on a day when he should be celebrating a year of being one of the greatest superheroes. Well, in her eyes, she sees him like that.

She gently grabs his face and tells him, "Listen Spider, you deserve a place in the Avengers, and you know why? Because you're a superhero who sees the good in people like me and help change their ways for the better. Because you do whatever you can to help the citizens of New York. Lastly, you show true courage, unlike any hero I have seen. Especially how you put your body on the line to face some of the greatest threats, you shouldn't settle you're self-short because there are people who believe in you... I believe in you."

If he didn't have his mask on, Black Cat would witness a massive smile across Spidey's face from hearing what he just heard. It felt good knowing someone like Cat had strong opinions about him.

"Thanks Cat. Everything you have said... means a lot to me. More than you know." He says as she rubs the side of his face.

"That's what I'm here for." She responds, returning a smile that makes Spidey's heart beat faster as she checks the time to see that it is time for the countdown.

"Well since we out here, we might as well have our count down out here." She suggests Spider-man agrees as they begin the countdown to 12. During the countdown, Black Cat didn't notice that Spider-man was lifting his mask to his nose.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

"Happy..." Black Cat is about to tell Spidey Happy New Year when she is cut off by the taste of Spidey's lips kissing hers, causing her to wrap her arms around his neck to kiss him back. Wolverine and Spider-woman made their way to the top of the building to look for Spider-man when they both caught sight of Spidey and Cat kissing. They both smirk at each other and go back downstairs to let them continue their time together.

When Spidey and Cat pull apart from the kiss, all Black Cat can say is, "Wow." in a soft tone.

Spidey smiles and says, "I believe you meant to say Happy New Year, not Happy Wow."

Black Cat laughs at him and pulls his face back to her, and continues to kiss as they celebrate entering the New Year together.

Fin