Chapter 5: Grandmother

It is best to stop when hurt, than to continue and be defeated due to your own ego, not your injury. ~N.O.

Dylan stopped the truck and covered it in leaves and pine needles. He grabbed my wrist and we sprinted down a hill and through some trees.

"Dylan, I just met you and Mason today. I'm not quite sure of who either of you are! You said I'm not going home and it's a bit scary! I would like to at least know where I'll be!" I pulled my wrist away from Dylan's grip.

When I did I hit a tree limb that made my arm bleed. "Ugh." I said under my breath. "Jazzy honestly we don't have time for this! I promise you I will explain everything once we get to safety! We can't risk Josh finding us!" He said picking me up.

We climbed up a tree and through a bridge. We were in I believe what is the camp. He got me to a small tent and sat me down.

"Explain!" I shouted "Okay okay, shh!" He said grabbing a seat in front of me. "Look I know it's gonna seem a bit far fetched and all, but Mason and I are werewolves. This is our camp where we live with our families." he began.

"Josh is the alpha male of the red moon tribe. Mason is the alpha male of our tribe, the blue-moons. Mason went away for school in England a few months ago and got back 3 weeks ago, Josh tried multiple times to take over the pack but now that Mason has been gone for a while and hasn't practiced in his wolf state he feels as though he could take him now." He sounded worried.

"He should be back by tonight. For now just don't speak, stay by me, and if anyone asks you were a lost wolf that got separated from her pack." He grabbed my wrist and took me out to the town square.

"Dylan!" Yelled an old woman "Dylan sweetheart. Did you see Mason?" She asked. "Y-Yes grandmother. Unfortunately, Josh was there." The woman gasped.

"Oh dear, come we must announce to the pack that Josh has returned!" She pushed him up onto the stage, I behind her. "People of the blue moon pack! Listen!" I heard the whole village grow quiet as the square filled.

"Josh, alpha of the red moon pack has returned. Mason our leader is fending him off as long as he can until he may escape and return to the village. Guards must be watching the gates for him." a bunch of men went rushing out.

"The rest of us, continue with your daily lives but be weary of what may occur." He stepped off the stage and the people disbursed. "Thank you Dylan." said the woman.

"Oh and grandma, this is Jazzy. She was a lost wolf, she lost her sense of tracking and couldn't find her pack. I wondered if it was okay for her to stay here." She looked at me then at my arm.

"Of course, but she's not allowed to work." I raised a brow. "Ma'am, I could work if I must. I don't mind, really." She grabbed my arm "No sweetie, you must rest." she led me to a small building with a hospital sign on the side.

She put some medications on my hurt arm and wrapped it. "You stay in my house until they can set one up for you." She said pulling me from the building. "Ma'am I--"

"No! I insisted on you staying here and I will see to it that you stay here. Now young lady go in there and lie down. I will be back once I am done helping with supper. You are not to work for the next 48 hours until that heals you hear me?" She had her finger angled up at my nose.

I nodded afraid to speak. She grabbed one flap of the tent and let go of it once I got in. There were candles as lights and a small bed at the edge.

Two chairs and a long puffy couch too. There were about four rugs sprawled out through the whole tent.

I went and sat on the edge of the bed. I laid down feeling defeated and angled my eyes down to see the wrapping on my arm. I saw a purple substance seeping through it where the cut was.

I poked it gently it and it hurt. It was sore and painful. Even the slightest tough would set it off. I just say there staring at the injury.

It felt weird not doing anything. Since I didn't really have a mom to tell me it's okay to relax and rest whenever I'd get injuries I'd still go around doing what I usually do.

Unless it's like a broken bone, but then again I haven broken a bone in my body so I wouldn't know. But when I wouldn't rest or allow the injury to heal it would get worse and worse. Not to the point of danger but of pain.

Then I'd have to force myself to stop until it wasn't as hurtful anymore. I took a large breath and smelled everything just by laying there.

I smelled some pine in the distance. I could smell of the burning wax that seemed oddly relaxing and almost of lavender. I smelled the fresh grass still in the air, I smelled fire and heard sticks being thrown into the fire. I could hear laughter, gossip and tears from people talking.

I could smell cooking meat. I heard every single footstep but most of all I could sense everything just from laying on that bed. I shut my eyes and hoped Mason came back soon.