Chapter Four - Event

SIMON'S POV [Who saw this one coming?!...nu...? Okay I'll stop now...]

Why the hell am I in this? I don't even play Minecraft. I know Vikk is...but hopefully Josh, JJ, Ethan, Tobi, and Harry are not...Especially not Josh...

Wait what?! No, I didn't just think that! You have no proof!

What the hell. Seriously. I saw a bunch of gray material in a cave that I assumed was stone. I was armed with a stone sword. That was literally my only defense.

I stood there in the cave, not sure what to do. What did Vikk say that one time we played Temple Escape?

Nothing about survival.

How about when we played Block Hunt?

Again, nothing.

Wow. Thanks Vikk.

I screamed as a zombie rounded the corner. What the hell am I meant to do?!

I backed up against the wall, eyes wide in fear.

Shakily, I held the blade of my sword up in front of me, hiding behind it. I stared into its soulless, hungry eyes.

Slowly, I brought the sword back and aimed a backhanded slash at it. The zombie's head spun clean off its shoulders.

I recoiled at the disgusting sight, grateful when its corpse disintegrated.

It dropped rotten flesh. Ew. I edged around it, trying to avoid the smell and its unaesthetic looks.

"RIGHT NOW, WE ARE ABOUT TO START THE FIRST EVENT! THE WEAKEST TEST SUBJECT WILL BE TELEPORTED TO AN ARENA TO BE OPERATED ON!"

I gave a small yelp, hitting my head on the stone cave roof. Oh. It was an announcement.

I felt myself falling through space. Wait what? What is going on?

Then it hit me. No! I'm the weakest tribute! No!!! Josh, I'm sorry if I never get to see you again...!

I tumbled onto a torch lit arena. Shaking from head to toe, I clambered up.

"FOR YOUR FIRST TIME, REAL NIMROD, WE WILL GIVE YOU AN EASY ONE!"

About seven skeletons spawned. Screaming, I darted around the circular platform, hoping not to get shot.

Is it even possible to kill a skeleton?!

 I swung my sword at one. The sound of cracking bone deafened me. Then, it simply collapsed.

An arrow pierced into my flesh. I screamed in pain. Blood trickled out of the wound.

I killed two more before another arrow dug its way into my upper arm. I screamed again. My arm was searing in pain. Nerves were flashing on and off in me, wondering if that was where I was going to get hit next.

I brought my sword back and beheaded a skeleton. Then I broke the spinal cord of another.

An arrow flew at me, burying itself into my thigh. I was just a jumble of pain, I couldn't find it in myself to scream anymore. I stumbled, taking the head off the skeleton that shot me.

The final skeleton shot me in the left calf. Somehow, this wound was more painful than all the others. I cried out. My leg couldn't take it. It simply buckled.

In a desperate motion, I threw my sword. It spun, blade to hilt, and somehow buried its point into the skeleton's cranium.

I was feeling very light headed at this point. I could feel blood trickling down my skin.

I barely noticed when the announcer boomed, "REAL_NIMROD WILL BE TELEPORTED TO THE NEAREST PLAYER, ZERKAAHD!"

Falling into a pit on darkness was the last thing I was aware of before I sank into oblivion.