Chapter 5

Kenji Pov (Next day)

I was supposed to go back to the academy today but unfortunately today was Kaasan's last day in the village. I wish she didn't have to leave so soon but I guess it can't be helped, we where going to spend the day at the same small lake we had a picnic at two years ago. It's kind of ironic to me, "Kenji are you ready to go!?" 

Kaachan shouts from downstairs as i adjust my pants over my swim trunks, "Hai, I'm coming!" I shout rushing downstairs finding everyone was just waiting on me. We leave the mansion and just like always we have to stop every once in awhile because villagers would greet Kaasan. Surprisingly we run into Sarada and her Kaasan and Tousan. I eye her Tousan wearily, "Hey Karin." Kaachan greets her with a smile, "Hey Sakura, hey kids, Chiyo where are you guys off to?" Yushiko grins wildly, "We're off to a small lake to have a family day before Kaasan leave's tomorrow morning." 

"Hey since Sasuke is leaving tomorrow too why don't you guys join us?" Kaachan offers and I see Kaasan clench her jaw slightly, "What do you think Sarade?" My gaze switches to Sarada who was already staring at me, when we make eye contact she quickly looks away her cheeks turning slightly pink. I tilt my head in slight confusion, "S-Sure if you guys don't mind us joining." I grow unease at Kaachan's creepy grin, "Its more than okay, isn't that right Kenji."

I shrug in response, "Sure i guess, you can tell me what i've missed at the academy." Her Kaachan smiles, "Great well just go home and change then and bring extra food , I'll track your chakra Chiyo if thats okay."

"Yea, sure whatever." Kaasan grumbles earning herself an elbow in the ribs from Kaachan, "We'll see you guys in a bit Karin." Waving goodbye I shiver slightly when I pass Sarada's Touchan and see him glaring at me slightly. But much to my surprise when Kaasan passes him she bumps shoulders with him kind of hard, "Don't glare at my son Uchiha." 

She mutters darkly I can't help but smile widely, and when she looks in my direction Kaasan playfully winks at me. I could feel my cheeks growing warm so I quickly look away from her and speed up catching up to the twins. My embarrassment only growing when I hear her laugh from behind me, once we get to the lake the twins immediately drags Kaachan to it leaving me and Kaasan to set up our stuff. I slip off my shirt and pants folding them besides the picnic blanket, I look back at Kaasan my eyes drifting to a large scar on her stomach. 

"Ask."

"What?" I question my eyes meet hers as she sits down on the blanket leaning back on her palms, "I can see you want to ask about the scars I have, I'll answer them no problem." She says plainly, "Oh uh.....how'd you get the scars on your arm." She lifts her arm gazing at the thick scar that ran from the palm of her hand to her elbow, "This I got sealing an enemies chakra coils while protecting Old man third the seal required me to conduct a lot of my own charka into my arms which burnt my own coils hence the scars." My eyes widen in surprise, "I never heard of a jutsu that can seal chakra coils?"

Kaasan smirks slight, "That's I invented it."

"Can you teach me?!" I ask excitedly, "Not until your older."

I huff slightly my eyes drifting to the large scar again, "And the scar on your stomach." Kaasan closes her eyes, " A stab to the back from a powerful jutsu." She says plainly by her tone I know its better to just leave it at that, luckily Sarada and her family arrive.

"Hey Kenji."

"Hey Sarada." 

We both walk to the lake and get in the water floating on our backs, "So anything important going on at the academy?" She grunts slightly, "No its stuff I've already been taught and I'm positive you know as well." I hum in response, "What about drama?" I ask in a joking tone, "Not yet but I'm sure that's going to change when you and Boruto come back to the academy. You two always seem to be in the center of trouble."

"And yet you love us~" Sarada splashes water in my direction, "Oh your asking for it!" She squeals in response swimming away from me laughing, I chase her for awhile before we play with the twins for a bit. 

Once it starts to get darker Kaachan calls us out of the water while Sarada's Tousan lights a fire, getting the food out we all eat telling silly stories, laughing. That is until Yushino ask a certain question, "Kenji whose stronger Kaasan, or Sarada's Tousan?" I tense at the question my eyes darting to Sarada for help but all she does is smirk at me playfully. 

"Uhhhhh......" Kaachan and Sarada's Kaasan simply chuckle at my misfortune no offering any help whatsoever. I glance at Kaasan who seemed like she wasn't paying attention as she was concentrating on braiding Yushiko's hair, her tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth. Then at Sarada's Touchan who was staring blankly into the fire, "Sarada's Tousan??...." I trail of in uncertain, Kaasan immediately snorts in response biting back a smile.

"What's so funny." Well this is the first time I'm hearing him speak at all today, "Nothing nothing I know how big your Uchiha pride is so I won't say a thing." 

"Chiyo." Kaachan say's in a warning tone, I glance between the two before sharing a look with Sarada. Do they not like each other I thought they where on the same team when they where genin and fought side by side during the Fourth Great ninja war? Sarada's Kaasan luckily steers the conversation in another direction getting rid of the tension in the air. We spend a few more hours at the lake before parting ways with the Uchiha Family and head home. 

After taking a shower I lay down in my bed ready to go to sleep when there was a knock at the door, "Come in."  Kaasan walks in, "Hey just wanted to tell you goodnight." I sit up, "Are you going to be gone by the time I wake up?" She nods with a sad smile, "Unfortunately, I really dont won't to leave you guys." I offer her a small smile, "I know Kaasan." 

She walks over to me and places a kiss on my forehead, "I love you kiddo with every fiber of my being and I couldn't be anymore proud of everything your doing. Remember that okay." I swallow the lump in my throat, "I love you too Kaasan and be careful out there the twins and Kaachan still need you....I need you." I mumble the last part looking down at my blanket, she laughs softly ruffling my hair gentle. 

"Don't worry Kenji I'm not going anywhere, look after your sisters and Kaachan for me." 

"Hai Kaasan." She lingers in my doorframe for a moment before finally stepping out and closing the door behind her. I flop back down on the bed and sigh, who knows when I'll see her again the only thing I can do now is train hard so one day I can surpass her. And maybe take over whatever missions she does, so she can actually be here.....

Shaking my head slightly I turn on my side and close my eyes letting myself drift off to sleep.