Chapter Sixteen

Waking up the next morning, I pushed myself from the bed and stumbled around getting ready for my day that I'm spending with Tyler. I sent him a text telling him to be ready in ten as I struggled to pull my shoe over my heel, rushing to the bathroom to pull my hair into a messy bun and apply a bit of makeup. When I was finished I started to scrawl a note to the sleeping Devon, but stopped fascinated by how cute he was sleeping. Then he reached out toward the right side of the bed, where I slept the previous night. He took a second and with a confused sleepy groan, sat up and spotted me next to him.

Devon wrapped his arms around me yawning. "Why are you awake at like five in the morning?" He mumbled, burying his face into my belly.

          "It's nine thirty sweetie. I have a date remember? Tyler and I are going to go out and spend the day together, while you, my love, get some sleep and then help my aunt and grandma around the house."
          He groaned again this time much groggier and I giggled, he fell back onto the pillows arms slipping down to my hips before dropping completely. I kissed his dear lips gently and slipped away as he fell back asleep.

Tyler was leaning against the front door hallway waiting for me, drowsily. He grinned suddenly, pulling me outside at a rapid pace, as I somehow managed to pull my keys from my bag, a hard task considering the only arm I had was the arm carrying the bag, not to mention he was dragging me at a full sprint... sideways.

          "Ty!" I exclaimed, pulling away from him when we arrived at our destination. I hopped in the driver side and once settled, was about to pull out of of the driveway when when I got a text. I slipped out my phone and scanned it, smiling before throwing it in the cup holder and getting away from the glorious beach house.

Morning honey. Have fun with Tyler. I love you Kitty.

          We pulled into town and I snorted when Sara made a snarky comment.

You know you live in a small town if fourth street is at the end of it.

Ty raised an eyebrow "What?"

"Nothing, Sara is just an idiot."

"Who?"

"Never mind." I smirked turning onto main. "So what do you wanna do?"

          "Um. Not much to do. We don't have a movie theater, but we have a bowling alley, and I think-"

"Bowling? I have never been. Sounds like a good enough bonding experience."

"Bonding? Is that why you, turn right, wanted to hang out with me?"

          "I would be lying if I said no, but I also came all this way and haven't really hung out with you. I love Devon but you are my family, who I just met. I want to get to know you. And also be known as the coolest cousin ever. It's too bad your twin sisters aren't old enough to appreciate the young me."
          He just smiled at me, jumping out of the car. I had just stopped in front of a dreary, grey, one story building with faded writing that said: Bowling Stars. The writing underneath made me smirk at the bad pun, What Happens In The Bowling Alley Stays In The Bowling Alley. I stepped out and followed Ty into the establishment, and to the front desk. Tyler started to pay but I quickly stopped his arm, grasping his elbow.

"You have a job, and you earn money that you don't have to, and shouldn't have to spend on your dumb cousin dragging you bowling. I'll pay for this and you can pay for absolutely nothing of mine."

          "The rule is, the guy pays for the girl. Always. "

"Do you pay for your mother?" I snapped sliding the money over to the clerk.