Chapter 22

As Y/N and Leon approached Wedgehurst, they saw the dark red sky and rampaging pokémon from a mile away. Thankfully, the Dynamax'd Drednaw was still in the fields and hadn't reached the main town area yet, so the residents were safe for now.

Sonia was outside of her grandmothers lab with Yamper, waving her hands to get Y/N and Leon's attention. As they landed, she seemed annoyed to see Y/N there, but ignored it because she needed the help.

"How did this happen?" Y/N asked them.

"It's just like last time," Sonia sighed, looking at Leon, "out of nowhere this wild pokémon Dynamax'd. No warning, nothing."

"We need to stop it before it gets closer to town." Leon said to Y/N. "Sonia, you make sure no one comes outside of their homes. We'll take care of this."

Leon got back onto Charizard's back, as Y/N did with her Flygon, and they took off towards the wild pokémon. All they could do now was have their pokémon send out attacks, and hope it would be enough to stop the dynamaxing.

Leon called out for Charizard to send an attack, as Y/N called out for Flygon to follow. The wild Drednaw roared as it got hit, and tried to send an attack back. Leon and Y/N quickly dodged it, just in enough time to ensure they didn't get hit.

"We need to keep attacking it before it gets closer to town!" Leon shouted, as the pokémon was now heading straight towards Wedgehurst.

Y/N nodded, and flew around to the side of the pokémon to launch another attack. Flygon hit it dead on, and pulled back as it launched another attack towards them. Nothing was working.

Leon was now next to Y/N, as they looked down at the rampaging pokémon, who was almost to Sonia's grandmothers lab.

"Now what?" Y/N asked, worried.

"Keep attacking it. That's all we can do." Leon replied, as he and Charizard flew to the other side of the pokémon.

Y/N moved to front, and she and Leon sent out an attack at the same time. It did some damage, but wasn't enough. As Leon was about to send out another attack, the Drednaw hit him with his tail, and Charizard fell back, stunned from the hit.

Y/N and Flygon were now alone and were about to try again, but quickly noticed that Sonia and Yamper were by the wild pokémon's feet sending an attack. She knew Sonia was only trying to help, but in this case she would only get herself in trouble.

As the Drednaw became outraged, he put his head down and loaded up an attack right for Sonia and Yamper. Y/N knew there was no way they would make it out of the way in time, so she had to act fast.

Sonia grabbed Yamper, and braced herself for the attack, but soon realized she was being flown away from the pokémon. Y/N sent out Noivern to go and grab Sonia before she got hit, and he had gotten to them in just enough time.

Noivern, who was holding Sonia and Yamper in his arms, was now flying beside Y/N and Flygon.

"Go take them to safety, then come back and help us fight." Y/N ordered, as he nodded and took them back to the lab.

Once he returned, Leon and Charizard were now back by their side as well. Y/N and her two pokémon, and Leon and his partner, all sent out an attack at once. Thankfully, it was enough to completely stun the Drednaw, and he shrunk back down to his regular size.

Leon sent out a pokéball, and caught the wild pokémon so he could rest. As they walked back over to Sonia, he handed her the pokéball and told her to give it to her grandmother. Y/N returned Noivern and Flygon, and walked up to Charizard and rubbed his head.

"Thank you both for the help..." Sonia said, before looking directly at Y/N. "... and thank you for saving us, Y/N." she sighed, as Y/N smiled.

"It took a lot of courage to go up against a Dynamax'd pokémon by yourself, so thank you for helping us, Sonia." Y/N responded, as Sonia gave her a shy smile.