What about us?

The song is What about us? by P!nk

We are searchlights, we can see in the dark

We are rockets pointed up at the stars

We are billions of beautiful hearts

And you sold us down the river too far

"Thank you"

"What?" Keith asked, gently opening his sleepy eyes as Pidge cuddled even more against his chest.

"For all. The rendezvous, the breathtaking view, everything!": She smiled, looking into his eyes. She bit her bottom lip, pulling him into a light kiss. She giggled as they parted, resting her forehead on his neck.

"As if you haven't had enough": Keith smiled, stroking her bare back as her body moved ever closer to hers: "God, you're beautiful"

"As if you hadn't told me and yelled several times": she joked, while he lightly nibbled her neck. Again. Sometimes it was those moments that made them really relax. Keith was always traveling across the universe, offering humanitarian aid with the Blades of Marmora and his team, and having become the prince of the Galra he had a lot of work to do. Pidge, on the other hand, had remained on Earth to deal with the development of technologies and the education of new defenders of the universe. In reality, most of what they saw or heard from each other was through messages or video calls, but apparently their lives were very busy so much that they had little time for even that. But as soon as Keith was close enough to Earth, Kosmo would fetch Pidge and they would hang out in his spaceship.

It was fun: most of the time they hid in isolated places or looked out into the infinite space without being seen by the rest of the crew (especially by Ezor and Zethrid) and sometimes those good times as a couple turned into something more. But sometimes Pidge's escapades and Keith's absences had consequences: the worst that had happened to them so far was that Acxa was looking for him and saw them kissing in the armory, or the appointment on the ATLAS in Kinkade and Rizavi had dropped in for an interview and Nadia had grown suspicious.

She was laughing as he showered her with kisses on her collarbone. He continued to kiss her as he positioned himself on top of her. Once again. They both jumped when they heard a phone ring. It was an Italian song, most likely in a dialect.

"Shit, it's mine" she exclaimed as Keith moved her up. She answered immediately, as she gestured. He recognized those signs, she was nervous; she most likely was someone from the Garrison, but she couldn't understand him because she spoke in Italian.

"Sì, mamma. Sono alla Garrison, mamma. Faccio gli straordinari. Beh, ecco... non importa ho quasi finito. Sì, ciao mamma.": she put the phone down and sighed. Keith had never heard her speak Italian, at least not complete sentences. He sometimes he would say some greeting or expression, so that only meant one thing.

"Sorry Keith, but I have to go": she sighed, as she collected the clothes from where she had thrown them: "Matt didn't see me and called my mum, sorry but I really have to go"

"Don't worry": she smiled she: "Can we talk tonight?"

"See you tonight": she nodded, while, with a blue spark, Kosmo brought her back to Earth.

What about us?

What about all the times you said you had the answers?

What about us?

What about all the broken happy ever afters?

"I need an explanation, miss!" Colleen exclaimed, when Pidge returned home.