Special Halloween

Hi everyone! This is a FNAF crossover, so before to read it, try to find some FNAF lore so you can understand better!

My name is Katherine Elizabeth Holt, or at least what's left of her. It was my birthday party when, on that fateful day, that Monster put his hands on me, taking my life with a knife. I was one of those abandoned souls, lost thanks to the Monster and bewitched by the Puppet. It seemed like a dream the moment she approached me with the mask on her face and a gift clutched in her hands, handing it to me with her usual too-big smile.

"For me?": I had asked shyly, looking around only to see absolutely nothing but her.

"Happy birthday, Katie": she replied politely

Katie...

How long has it been since I've been Katie...

From her voice I recognized her: Allura. I hadn't seen her in a long time.

"Now I'll take care of him...": she had spoken again, and I, like a fool, had nodded. I had thought that she would probably go to the others afterwards to tell them that I was fine, that the image of that Monster raising the knife was just a bad dream.

But the others were also with me...

When I finally, and stupidly, took the neatly packaged box into my hands, I was no longer immersed in darkness. I could feel a strange sensation in my chest, that missing breath in my throat, that sensation of feeling imprisoned, bewitched, locked up...

I stopped calling myself Katie, or Katherine; I stopped seeing anyone anymore, although sometimes I saw strange gentlemen dressed in blue, the ones that dad always called "policemen"; I stopped seeing the sky or simply imagining it. I was locked in a dark, hidden room. Nobody came in. The door was always open but I couldn't move.

I stopped calling myself Katie, now for everyone I was Golden Freddy...

What a strange name, even stranger than all the times my brother called me Pidge!

I miss my brother, I miss mom and dad. I haven't seen them since I was an outcast in here, since my little birthday party, since April 7, 1984. But I'm not alone, Keith is here with me too. I had heard of him: I saw him last year with the Monster before the pizzeria closed. I had heard my parents talk about something called "adoption", and "the bite of '83", but I was little and my mom and dad didn't talk about these things in front of me or Matt.

I was too little...

Now I get it, but Keith is not like the Monster.

He wants to protect me.

It was he who explained to me that it was now too late, and that I could continue to live like a ghost. He said that Allura had been kind to me, he said that she had given me some powers like hers, he said that the Monster had to pay. I was only six years old when he locked me in that room and he pulled that knife on me. He said I was too young for that, but he also said we had a second chance to get revenge on the Monster.

And I believed him.

He said Allura wanted to kill him, but the Monster was too evil even to die. He had to pay.

He had to pay.

He told me that we were both Golden Freddy, that we were invincible, that I was the one he shouldn't have killed.

And so I did.

And so we did.