Ch.8 Field Trip

3rd Pov

Inside Ozpin's office, with General James Ironwood and Glynda Goodwitch keeping the headmaster company.

Ironwood: "They were here..." (raising his voice) "Ozpin, they were here!"

Ironwood angrily slams his fist against Ozpin's desk.

Glynda: "We're very much aware of that! Thank you, James."

Ironwood: "Fantastic! You're aware! Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?!"

Meanwhile

The following morning after the dance and the unknown infiltration, Brisa, Raiden and Ruby were summoned by Professor Ozpin to discuss what had happened with, Brisa, Ruby and the unknown assailant. To be honest with himself, Raiden was slightly perplexed as to why he was asked to come as well since he never actually saw the masked woman Brisa and Ruby fought with. So, Brisa, Raiden, and Ruby were on their way to the office by riding on an elevator, but you were experiencing...... "Humane difficulties".

Ruby: "Maybe this one?"

Raiden: "That's... the button for the 24th Floor... We're looking for the highest number, Ruby. How hard could it be?!"

Brisa: "Ugh... Ruby..."

Ruby: "What?"

Raiden: "Do you have to press every single button on the elevator?"

Ruby: "At least I am trying to find our way up there!"

Brisa: "You could've just left that duty to me."

After so many floor stops due to Ruby not pausing even only for a single second to find the right floor, an alert sound plays, signifying that them all had made it up to the top of the tower.

Brisa: "Finally....."

Ozpin: "Come in."

Doing as he said, Brisa pressed a button to open the elevator doors, and Brisa, Raiden and Ruby stepped into Ozpin's office.

Ruby: "Sorry it took so long. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here."

She pauses for a moment before quickly explaining herself.

Ruby: "It wasn't me."

Brisa instantly planted her face in her palm, while Raiden had a sweat-drop demeanour.

Brisa: "Yeah..... Right.."

Ozpin: "Thank you for coming, the three of you. How are you feeling?"

Ruby: "Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad-guy-catching record wasn't O-for-three."

Brisa: "Totally fine."

Raiden: "I'm still confused as to why I'm here exactly. I mean, you could've called Josh and Cyra too since they also saw what you and I saw, General. So, why do you want to talk to me?"

Ironwood: "All in due time, Mr Stormwing. Now, Ruby, and Brisa, I feel it's appropriate to let you two know that I think what the of you did last night is exactly what being a Huntress and huntsman is all about. You both recognized a threat. You both took action. And you did the very best you could."

Ruby/Brisa: "Thank you, sir."

Ironwood then turned to Raiden and continued,

Ironwood: "And you, Mr Stormwing. You reacted to the situation self-possessively and didn't let your own emotions cloud your logic. Add the fact that you followed a senior officer's orders without question. You would make a great soldier, and an even great Grimm Huntsman one day."