Misunderstandings (Jamil x GN!Reader)

Jamil carefully watched Y/N's every move.  Kalim had invited them over for dinner at Scarabia and he would have to scold him for being so careless.  What's stopping them from poisoning Kalim's drink or any other assassination attempt?  

Y/N noticed Jamil carefully watching them and gave him a glare.  How many times do they have to tell him?  Kalim is like their younger brother, they'd have to be under some sort of mind control spell in order to even think about hurting him!  It's not exactly illegal to hang around him without having some ulterior motive, so why must Jamil watch them like a hawk if they merely wave to Kalim in the hallways? On top of that, he was practically sending death glares every class they had together. . . AND THEY WERE ON OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE ROOM.  Geez, if he really hated them that much, maybe he should get closer to actually see those death glares don't faze them one bit.  What probably hurt the most, as much as they hated to admit it, they found Jamil attractive and wanted to learn more about him. . . Without Kalim around.

Jamil returned the glare with a look that practically said "Hurry up and get out of here."  This caused Y/N to smirk and eat as slow as they could just to annoy him even more. . . Or maybe it's so they can hold eye contact for just the slightest bit longer.  That's what he got for not believing that they genuinely enjoyed Kalim's company. Jamil rolled his eyes and subtly tapped his foot.  He was just practically begging time to speed up so that Y/N could get out of here.  Finally, Y/N finished their meal and thanked Kalim.  They shot Jamil a subtle glare and left the dorm,

"So, when can I invite them over again?"  Kalim asked. 

Jamil just shook his head, "Kalim, you really need to be careful with whoever you invite over."

"Huh?  What do you mean?  They're my best friend."

"They seem to be getting a little too close to you.  They could poison your food or drink without looking."  Jamil pointed out, "I'm going to head to bed, we can talk about this in the morning."

The next day, the teacher assigned a history project and presentation to be done with a partner.  To make it seem fair, the teacher pulled out a hat with everyone's names written down.  Eventually Y/N was called to the front to draw a name and what do you know?  The universe seemed to hate them.  Why did they have to get paired up with the one person in the class that they absolutely hated? They begrudgingly dragged their chair over to Jamil's desk, making sure that everyone in that room know how much they hated this partner assignment.  Jamil didn't look too pleased either but because the pair wanted to seem mature, they never raised their hands to ask to switch partners.

The assignment is to research some small mage that not many people knew about and their contributions to modern magic.  Sounds simple, right?  Not when you've got your enemy for a partner and one small oversight.  IF IT WAS SOME SMALL MAGE, THEY COULDN'T JUST LOOK IT UP.  They continued to get lost in thought about the assignment and how to even start when they got a sharp elbow in the stomach from Mr. Death Glare himself,

"Are you going to daydream or can we start the project?"  He asked.  Y/N once again shot him a glare,

"I was thinking since you know, this isn't a simple look everything up online research project? Where do we even begin?"  

"Look, we're taking the fastest way out of the assignment because I still need to look after Kalim."

"And you never wanted to do this assignment with me anyways.  So far, all we know is that we want a simple way out of things.  Very helpful." 

Jamil gritted his teeth, "The Scalding Sands has probably used magic to help adapt against the heat. If we chose an item that originated from magic but is now commonly made from no magic and use that mage, we should be fine."