Are You Sure You're Not Bored Of Me? (Floyd x Fem!Reader)

A/N: So this is my first request!  I was truly extremely excited to write this but I had so much going on because of school, clubs, health and I had to get one of my friends who has autism  to help me write so everything would be accurate. My apologies for not being able to get this out in an appropriate time! The reader here has ptsd and autism.  Thank you very much @lilyghoul05 for being my very first request!  I really hope you enjoy.))

"Y/N. . . Why are you so boring?  All you ever do is talk about cooking or, if we do hang out, we're either reading cooking books or in the kitchen!"  Some girl asked.

Y/N was floored when that question came out of her friend's mouth.  The two had known each other throughout their last year of middle school and were even thinking about attending the same high school together.  What was the issue here?  "But. . . I was told that it's nice to share common interests with friends. . ."  She trailed off.

"Well, not when you're constantly forcing it on me every single day of my life!  Could you not take the hints that I've been dropping?  Have you not noticed that I was more blunt than usual lately?  Your friends are supposed to matter more than your hobbies, you know?  But, even when we don't do anything cooking related, you're still always miming cooking actions like chopping up vegetables or mixing some sort of sauce.  I'm absolutely sick of it!"  The girl yelled.

Y/N looked at her friend in shock, tears forming in her eyes, "Look, I'm sorry I didn't know or realize!"

"Don't be.  If you only care because I'm confronting you about it, we can't be friends anymore!"  With that, Y/N's only friend walked away, abandoning the poor girl.

The poor girl was left to deal with her own thoughts.  She was confused: what was wrong with her wanting to share her interests?  Why was her old friend so mad at her for it?  The girl began to sob and sob.  She really thought the two were close.  Were they not?  She couldn't figure it out, so, she just assumed that she was destined to never have friends.  Thus, she shut herself away, not caring about other people.

This all came to an end as soon as she was brought to the world of Night Raven College.  She would help out in the kitchen, doing everything she loved.  This also didn't require her to speak to people so what more could she possibly want?  Sure, on occasion, Jamil would use the kitchen, but he also kept his head down.  The times where Y/N truly hated were when the kids from Octavinelle came to borrow ingredients from the kitchen.  Azul would only talk about business and Jade wouldn't talk, but Floyd. . . Floyd would end up starting full-blown conversations with the girl, whether she liked it or not.  Sometimes, they would be about the most random things that she had trouble trying to think of how the topic would pop into Floyd's head.  Slowly, but surely, Floyd would eventually come to the kitchen every day and Y/N eventually grew closer to Floyd because of how persistent he was.  Y/N's first year at Night Raven College was absolutely amazing.  She finally found herself a friend.

Her second year rolled around and she had a brutal discovery.  Wait. . . 'friend?' Wouldn't that mean. . . This year he'll leave too?  Just like that other friend did?  Y/N didn't want that!  Her times with Floyd meant to much to her. . . More than what that other friend meant to her.  Oh, that's just perfect!  Not only was she scared her best friend would leave her, but, she somehow managed to catch feelings for him!  Panic filled her mind.  She let down her spatula, curled up in the ball and started to cry.  She needed time away from everything to make sense of what is happening.  

Floyd was feeling excited.  It was around the time where he got to see his favourite person again!  Although he did find it weird that she always seemed fixated on cooking, he was able to learn a lot from her in the kitchen.  This meant that Azul would stop nagging him so much.  Of course, this wasn't the only reason he was so invested in her.  Although she never really spoke, Floyd could tell that there was something bugging her.  Something about that made him feel angered.  Like, he wanted to squeeze whatever her problem was to make it disappear.  Jade snickered when Floyd told him that.  Said he caught feelings for her or whatever.

He flung open the door to find his friend sobbing on the floor.  He immediately ran over, "Hey, Y/N, what's wrong?"  He asked.

Y/N looked up, "Are. . . you here to leave me?"  She asked.

Floyd blinked twice in shock, "No, why would I?  You're so much fun to be around!"

". . . Fun?  I don't understand."

"The way you are in the kitchen!  It's so fun being around you when you're doing something you're clearly interested in."

"I don't understand. . . Shouldn't that make me boring?"  Y/N asked.

"No, if anything it makes you exciting!"

". . . Are you sure you're not bored of me?"

"Of course not!  It's always fun to watch you run around all day!"  Floyd protested.

Y/N said nothing more before bringing Floyd into a hug.  "Thank you. . ."

Although Floyd was unsure what he was being thanked for, he returned the hug, "No problem. . . You'll always be interesting to hang around."