Pardon our First Interaction (Ace x Fem!reader)

A/N: I guess the reader is more prim and proper here at the start, so sorry if that's not how you are in real life, it's actually impossible  to write a Y/N that fits everyone-))

Ace was never really fond of exchange transfers. Especially when they brought students from all girls academies.  Everyone would always act different and it just annoyed him.  So? Who cared that they were a different gender?  That doesn't mean you should put them on a pedestal.  The whole thing was just a pain overall. 

 The start of the day for Ace was seemingly normal and dull. However, since fate seemed to be cruel, the scene Ace witnessed when he opened the history door was far from normal.  One of the exchange students was having a shouting match with Sebek? Rest in peace to everyone's ear drums.  Of course, he took out his camera to record the one historic moment where Sebek would finally be put in place.  However, after the argument settled down, the exchange student didn't seem to appreciate the fact that.

"Hey!  Why would you record something like that?"  The exchange student asked, narrowing her eyes the slightest bit,

"The student you were fighting with was just yelling at everyone.  It was fun seeing him getting put in place."  Ace explained,

"Is that so?  Then, you may keep the recording."

"I was planning on keeping it anyways-"

". . . Does everyone here not know basic manners?" 

"And what gives you the right to act so high and mighty?"

"I'm not acting all high and mighty, I'm making a statement."

Ace sighed in annoyance, this stranger would get along well with Riddle, "So . . . How long will you be staying here for?"  

"Around three weeks."

Ace sighed again, annoyed that he would have to see this overly stuffy girl for a few WEEKS?  Not only that, but he had to put up with her in his classes?  These three weeks are going to be the worst ones in his life.  

Y/N let out her own huff of annoyance, "You know, if you are going to express your utter disappointment for something, at least try to hide it."

'Scratch that, this stranger and Riddle had to be related somehow.'  Ace bitterly thought, he just took a seat at his desk and waited for the bell to ring.  

This day had to be the worst day of Ace's life.  HE got assigned the job of showing Y/N around the school.  She got to her first class fine, couldn't she just walk to all her other classes?  It made no sense whatsoever!  Ace was getting quite bored and decided to make conversation with the girl.  All she did was give one or two word answers to his questions and wouldn't ask any questions in return.  He gritted his teeth, this girl was really getting on his nerves!  

"So. . . Are you going to tell me your name?"  Ace asked, attempting once more to make some small talk,

"It's Y/N L/N.  I suppose it's basic decency to ask for yours in response."

"Geez!  Are you always this stiff and stuffy?"

"That's an. . . interesting name-"

"That's obviously not my name!"

"Oh, I'm well aware, I'm just messing with you.  Afterall, you did say I was stiff and stuffy."

"Ugh!  Fine!  My name's Ace Trappola!  Happy?"

"Very."  With that, the conversation ended abruptly and the two walked in silence for the rest of the way.  

The next class was potions and because according to Ace, Crewel hated him very much, Crewel assigned Y/N and Ace to be lab partners.

Ace let out another sigh as they had finished the potion and Crewel was nowhere in sight to check that potion. 

"You know, if you keep sighing like that, people are going to think you'll be unpleasant to be around-"  Y/N pointed out,

"Maybe, if you weren't so stuffy to be around, I would stop sighing so much."

Y/N rolled her eyes and the two sat in silence until class ended.  

At lunch, Ace let out another sigh.  He thought he would be able to avoid Y/N, but the only table available was one where Y/N and Epel sat.  He made his way over to the table and was surprised to see that Y/N was looking less stiff and slightly more animated, "Do you mind if I join you guys?  There's literally no other table to eat at."  He asked,

"If you must, then, you may."  Y/N said.  She resumed her conversation with Epel about homelands and how things were different.

Ace just observed the two and found himself interested in this side of Y/N.  Maybe, if he could get her to open up like that, she wouldn't be so bad?  

For the next couple of days, Ace adjusted how he asked questions to make it seem less casual and to his benefit, it seemed to be working.  Y/N was finally starting to open up!  Eventually, he even ditched the formalities when asking questions and Y/N would finally manage to answer and keep up her end of the conversation.  

However, changes also came and affected Ace as well and he did not like them.  He swore off romantic feelings in general, but he felt them creeping up on him.  'Relationships were such a pain and she was only going to be staying for a little while.  It wasn't worth the effort.'  He thought, desperately trying to push away those feelings.  However, they always kept on sticking. 'She's practically a robot anyhow-'  He watched as Y/N laughed with Deuce as Epel was doing an extremely exaggerated impression of Vil.  So, she wasn't a robot like Ace thought.  Y/N was actually kind of fun to be around, however, she still kept everyone in line.  Ace recognized that he needed that quality in a partner, just as long as they weren't so stiff about it.  In his head, no matter how much he tried to fight it, he still kept on coming back to the conclusion that he liked Y/N.

The remainder of Y/N's stay flew by too quickly and she eventually had to say her good byes.  She was bidding a farewell to all the first years and eventually reached Ace, "I hope you'll pardon our first interaction.  I was simply. . . Shocked that there was someone who didn't treat me differently for my gender and. . . Slightly nervous to talk to you after that."  She explained,

"Don't sweat it!  Of course my good looks were enough to make you nervous!"  Ace joked,

Y/N let out a laugh and gave Ace a slip of paper, "Here's my number. . . Maybe, I'll see you around!"  With that, she walked away to go back to her own school,

Ace just stood there in shock, maybe one day, when he's older and more mature, he'll ask her out.