24/8:18:06

The Second Lesson - Association With “Bedside Dancing” Is Blasphemy

I wished I could just talk to her. The neverending thoughts of her were leaves in the driveway, blowing through the neat and orderly tiled paths.
An itch wanting to be scratched. She was purpose incarnate. I knew it.
But I had no way to scratch her. To rake the leaves of her from my mind. I laid down further into my bed.

From this angle, I measured up a precise plan to get that guy that danced with her out of the picture. I didn’t have her number though.
Shit. Joshua would know. He invited people.
He organised the list of students. He would know what I needed to know. My phone felt like a brick as I got it out of my pocket.

“Joshua?”
yeah man?
“What are you doing right now?”

wouldn’t you like to know?
“Yes I bloody would.”
y’know that girl i was dancing with? the one you didn’t think was fit?

I hate you Joshua. You know that I liked her. You know that.
“No.”
oh. yeah well we just  had sex

I turned the phone off. I bit the skin off my fingers. I screamed until my mouth refused to listen to my mind.
I looked up at the ceiling and wished that I could see beyond it. I imagined the plaster peeling off, the mozzarella coloured yellow paper stripping away in strings of hot cheese that would fall onto me.
The smell would be unbearable. I would be asphyxiated to my unfortunate demise from the dust and asbestos. Only then would I see the picture beyond the three walls of my room.

I breathed in and smelt the yellow. A man who sins sexually, sins against his own body and he must be punished.

“Send pic…?”