chapter fifteen

Wrens pov ♡

Im not joking when i say that after 30 minutes the car broke down.
On the fucking highway.

Jack and i were just laying on the floor of the car, listening to music. Not talking about anything. And it wasn't awkward, like at all. We were both laying there in silence, and i wasn't trying to think of what to say, because i didn't feel the need to.
It was nothing like the first time we drove to school together, when he bought me coffee and then i ignored him for the rest of the day.
This was good.

And then, Luke pulled over cause something was wrong. What? I have no idea. And also we were fucking fucked, cause the car was filled with drunk teenagers. And we couldn't really call AAA cause, ALL OF US ARE DRUNK.
We could go to fucking jail for underage drinking, and all these soon to be nhl players dont need that type of reputation, at least not now.

So Luke is made us all sit in the car while he calls his dad on face time and trys to fix the car by himself in the dark.

And now here we are.
Now im fully awake, and i cant get back to sleep.

"Can i ask you something?" Jack whispers to me from behind me.
"What about"
"Just... what happened with you and that Justin dude?" He asks

And my stomach drops once again from even the sound of his name.
"You dont really want to know" i replay quietly to him and close my eyes again hoping that maybe i'll be able to fall asleep in the next 2 seconds so i dont have to keep having this conversation.
"No, that's where you're wrong. I want to know. Its been bugging me for some while now" he says

"Well i just" i try to deny him again but Cole cuts me off. "Yo, jack can i stay at yours tonight, my mom kind of doesn't know im drunk right now. She thinks im staying at yours" he says.
"Of course dude"
"Okay, thanks man" Cole says and sits back in his seat, exactly when Lukey pookie get ls back in the car.

"Guess who is a fucking genius and fixed the car guys?" He yells. And everyone just start applauding for absolutely no reason at all.

And the chatter starts again. And i have to thank god, and Luke of course, that i dont have to keep this conversation up anymore. I mean i could tell him, but i just dont want to. Its too personal. And i know we have become close the past few weeks, its just i cant seem to trust him. I want to, and maybe in a while i will end up trusting him, but right now i just cant.

"We'll get back to this tomorrow" he whispers to me.

And that was the last i heard from jack that car ride. Cause my dumb ass fell asleep the rest of the car ride.
And the next thing i know, is that im being blinded by the sun that's shinning in my room.
And that's the moment i realize and this "tomorrow" is today.

Waking up after a night out sucks. Because i dont know about you, but for some reason i wake up hours before i usually would.
And i always wake up because of one reason.
Water.
My mouth is way too fucking dry, it feels like the Sahara desert in there.
Ohh.... and lets not forget about the second fact, that i really need to piss.
Its always those two reasons that wake me up, after being drunk.

There could be a car race happening outside my window, and wouldn't be able to hear it.
But water and the toilet are the ones that get me out of bed.
EVERY TIME.

I start to search for my phone, that should be on the bed somewhere in between the sheets. But i quickly realize that it's on my nightstand, on the charger. I reach for it and check the time.

Wow. Its 7:56 am. On a Sunday. The sun is up though.
And this is another moment i hate after a night out. Going through social media, and seeing all the shit you posted while drunk. I hate this part of having access to the internet.
But luckily for me, i hadn't posted much.
Just a few nice group selfies. Videos of the music... and like 4 photos of me and jack.
But we do look cute.

And then i look in my messages. And the devil himself has already texted me, like 2 hours ago.

The annoying guy- good morning, birdy. I know you dont want to talk abput it, but it needs to be done. We both know that. So im coming over at 9. Be awake.

I didn't replay to that, cause he probably already saw i have seen it. So i have an hour to kill until he gets here.

I should probably go take that piss now.

*One hour later*
(Insert that one sponge bob sound)

I hear a tap on my window before it opens. And the one and only Romeo climbs in.

"Good morning. How is the hangover?" He asks as he closes the window behind him.
"Dont really have one. Just woke up dehydrated, that's all. How about you?" I ask walking from my bathroom door to the bed while brushing my wet hair.

And i did decide to take a shower, cause i just needed some peace and quiet to think. And the 20 minutes i spent in there.... NOTHING. I was able to think of nothing to say to him. Cause, i always go back to same thing. I still dont trust him.

"We need to talk" hes says. Not like a suggestion, but like a statement.
"What about?" I act clueless.
"About what happened yesterday, when Justin came up to us." I says and takes his shoes off before he climbs in my bed, in front of me.
"I dont know what you are talking about" wow i have never sounded that stupid.

"Ohh. So that wasn't you who started shaking on my back, stopped breathing, and couldn't get any words out without stuttering?" He raised his brow.

"Ohhh. That, yea that was me" i try to not make eye contact with him.
"What happened with you back there?"
"I already said it yesterday. Just a mild panic attack" i shrug it off.

"A MILD PANIC ATTACK. Why on earth would you have a panic attack?" He asks.
"Cause i saw Justin coming up to us, and i lost control" i say as my eyes slowly start filling up with moisture.

And jack notices that. "Ohh, no dont cry, i did mean to upset you" he says and quickly scoots over to me so he could he hug me.
"I just... what happened with you and that Justin asshole that makes you have a panic attack when you see him. Cause i, personally, dont have panic attacks when i see my exes" he whispers to me in a calming voice.

"I dont want to tell you" i say in a quiet voice.
"Why? What is it? Do you not trust me?" He asks as he holds me close to him.
"I... i just.... yea. Im sorry Jack" i admit to him and more tears run down my

"How could i get your trust? Cause i'll do it." He says.
"I dont know. I guess with time i'll trust you enough to share more, but not right now. I hope that is good with you" i tell him wiping my tears that keep running down my cheeks. I dont even know why im crying, its just weird shit like this makes me emotional, like the fact that he cares. Thats rare to find someone who cares, and i guess the fact that he does care, is making me cry.

"I'll wait. Until you're ready to talk about it. Until then...you have to come to our game next week" he says soothing her back.

"You know what, fine" i say feeling the pressure flowing away from my shoulders knowing i dont have to tell jack anything until i fully trust him.
And that helps.
A lot.